About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Jump in the waters cold....finally!


Hey , .. What the hell , ...I'll give this a shot.
If these efforts serve no other purpose than to add more reasons for my friends to heap ridicule upon me ....at least it will have accomplished something. I have often thought of keeping a journal of some of the events,...random thoughts...fishing conquests/embarrassments....is that what compels people to do these things?
If nothing else it may just teach me a few things about this computer. I spend enough time in front of one... I may as well learn a few things about it.

My first entry......
Well, I fish.....A LOT.......but not as much as I would like. I would like to fish every day and then come home and go to sleep and dream about fishing. I would also like every day to be a cold day in November with the rivers running at a perfect level and with a visability that is optimal for catching the greatest living creature we are fortunate to share this corner of the globe with.....the venerable Steelhead Salmon. This fish is more commonly referred to as a rainbow trout by people who don't know any better. This happens to just fine by me. There is very little room on the rivers I fish and I suspect that I fish for the solitude as much as for the fish. The less people know about these fish the better in my book. I will say to those who may visit this little piece of cyber-selfindulgence and know little about Steelhead...or fishing in general ,that this time of year the fishing is just starting to get good.....and I am becoming very distracted.
I managed to get out a few times over the past few days and I will attempt to post some pictures but there is an excellent chance that I will screw this procedure up.
My son is currently firing up one of his better guilt trips so I will cut this one short and use it as more of a test.
Later...

6 comments:

lambton said...

Well you flamming HOMO. You finally lived up to your destiny.
Virtual Web fisherman!
Glad I could be the first one to jump in on your BLOG
Oh well I guess I gotta gets me one of these them there Blogs now too... Hey Nice fish ;O)

Trotsky said...

Well were off!
My first comment!!!
Here's hoping the river is in shape for Friday....I have a feeling I am going to need it.
Later freak

lambton said...

Good luck with the Bucket Sh*ters tomorrow! Go get em G keep our well groomed paths to Mecca safe.

Chinook7 said...

My reason for creating a blog was based on the fact that even if few or nobody read my entries, it's still a million times more satisfying than engaging in dialogue on places like FFN.

Good seeing you yesterday, been awhile.

J

Trotsky said...

Yeah....BIG 10-4 on that one

Trotsky said...

...sigh
And so it begins....
Hello J-Mike