About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Everyone Loves Marineland



Indeed,
My kids are crazy for the joint.
Dough was a little tight this year and Marineland was the one extravagance we allowed ourselves.
My kids are awesome and they don’t need much….but if I don’t find a way to get them to Disneyworld before too long my heart will break.


The worst of the storm is over moneywise but it will be a long road back.
Avery is one and soon to be off the boob and Kimi can start working again.
I am accepting all the OT I can eat…well before the Steelies roll in….and with any luck we should be able to right the ship.
This past year has been hard on all of us. I fucking hate being broke and it has been a tough go with only one income for the past two years.
Now there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
...If I can only control my semen.


I have my referral slip for the snip job but ironically I don’t seem to have the stones for it.
When it comes to hacking open my nut sack I get a little squeamish …oddly enough.
It doesn’t help that one of my co workers just got it done and has been limping around with a nasty grimace for weeks now.
:o/
I am not getting much sympathy from my wife. Go figure. Lol
No worries yet really.
If I need any birth control I just look at my bank account online and I don’t get an erection for weeks…
Ah well,
WTF…here I am complaining about working too much in an economic downturn….three beautiful healthy kids…and a wife that gives me a hard-on still after 12 years…
I may be the biggest arse I know…..
Next to Morin
Yesterday was a blast!!!
The rides made me sick and the yellowjackets just about gave me a nervous breakdown but we still had a great time.
Owen and I got soaked by the crazy killer whale …very cool. That mutha can jump!!!
I debated whether or not to try and take a picture of him leaping but I am glad I decided not too. I am sure the tidal wave he threw at us would’ve had me buying another camera.
Ella turns 5 today and Kim is upstairs decorating her cake.


It seems like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.It is events like these that really make you feel how quickly time is passing.
Unreal…
October is just around the corner and I can’t wait to hit the rivers again.

7 comments:

GT said...

Gene, you are a great father for providing what you have for the kids. ( has off)

As for Disney, there are ways to make it less painful should you make the small investment to see their happiness. Last year we picked the "hurricane" season for our trip. I don't think it would really hit that far inland and have not heard of anyone we know, stranded there during the time. Couple that with the free meal plan they offered was huge. I guess we don't eat as much as the " American standard" and ended up with about 15 credits to which the kids bought gift candy for their friends. Inexpensive Spirit Air flights was about the only other thing we capitalized on.

The season will roll in soon.....

Harv said...

Looks like you had a good time!! My kids scream every time that damn commercial comes on TV but I have so far resisted and desires to go there - maybe one day??

Disney is a magnificent place!! We went a couple years ago and looks like we are heading there again in March - I was hoping to wait a couple more years before returning but was presented a deal we could not refuse!!!

Happy Birthday to Ella - she is adorable dude!!

Feels like fall today .... won't be long but can't really come soon enough for me ... I miss the river!

later bud

Harv

Harv said...

BTW - just suck it up and join the club (V Club) - it ain't that bad and sure beats the alternative.

I can refer you to the guy that 'snipped' me - heck I'll bet I can even still show you my fingernail marks in the wall there!!! Whatever you do make sure you take it easy for a while afterwards!!!

some places will put you out for the procedure but real men stay awake and watch......

Trotsky said...

Thx GT.
Right now we are scraping nickels together to buy Kraft dinner LOL!!!
Hurricane season...NICE!
It would be just my luck I would get killed visiting Mickey Mouse.

Harv..
Thx for the kind words. It won't be long now.
Season before last I hit my first Steelhead on the home water last week of Sept ...and I am not above trying.
as for "real men stay awake and watch......"
If I am awake for it I will be belly fulla Scotch.....which reminds me....I am thirsty...
<><

lambton said...

"If only I can control my semem"
LOL!!!! followed by a pic of Owen with complete and utter disgust on his face!!!! LOL!!!Classic!

You are a POS! Just cut that smashed hob-goblin off yourself before you have another kid.

And a word of advice...keep working that OT because you guys deserve a trip to Disney! Suck it up.

Wallacio said...

I can relate to your plight Gene...we've come through a year and a half at what feels like the poverty level.

Harv, please feel free to forward the contact info of your Doctor/Butcher as after one child, I'm not sure I wish to have a second (or third...BTW Norland you are insane for agreeing to that one!)

Trotsky said...

Dude...who said anything about agreeing???
Once that bad boys fills up with blood all reason gets left by the wayside....
One careless moment and boooyahhh!!!!
Fucking boys can swim I tell ya..
I may have to carve this thing out by the roots....