About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, February 16, 2007

A few days off...thank god


This is the worst picture I have ever taken and the only reason I am posting it here is because of the way this little Steelie represented himself.
I mentioned in a previous post about how the warm water temps at the discharges here along the river have the fish fighting like its October even in the most bitter cold.
This fish was out of the water straight up in the air about six times. Pretty neat to see on a sunny morning like today. The sunlight reflecting off of him on every breach was like watching fireworks.Neat.

It was cold to say the least, so cold that even the snow looked funny,
and because the water temps contrast so strongly with the air I tried to release the fish as quickly as possible ...and the photo suffered because of this.
Off he went and I took a few moments to get the feeling back into my hands.
Thank the lord for hot pockets!!
The river is locked up pretty good right now. You could probably walk across it in spots if you were crazy enough. Thankfully if the wind cooperates there is always some open water at the outflows.
2 minutes later I hook I am sure the same friggin fish!
Hungry little fart.
He didn't fight very hard this time and I didn't even remove any part of him from the water.
That was enough for me.
I stopped at the other outflows but the wind had picked up and shifted making it impossible to get a decent drift and it also clogged the area up with ice pretty good.
Oh well...at least I got a taste.
Nice way to shake off the 'shack nasties'.
Looks like we'll see some warmer temps in the coming weeks and with any luck the fishing will improve.
This Feb has been tough on me and I will be happy to see it on it's way. The flu season beat the crap out of the Norland's but everybody seems to be on the mend now.
Work has been wearing me out lately.
I spent the morning in court yesterday. It was the first time I have ever testified.
T'was a little nerve wracking and nothing like I'd expected. I won't comment on it any further than it left me feeling sad to see how badly someone could 'F' up thier one and only life with one bad decision. Truth be told,I have been known to make a few dumb decisions myself. There but for the grace of god go I.
Oh well. :o/ ...my part is played and let the chips fall where they may.
The Jedi should be home from school shortly so I'd better find me blade...arrrr.

18 comments:

lambton said...

Good for you ya POS.
I have resided to capitalism this Feb. It's all about sticking it to the man for double time. Christ March is comming and we have plenty-o-road trips ahead of us to NY and gas prices won't get any cheaper. I gotta hand it to ya G. I don't think I got the stones to fish in these cons. Especially where I work ;0)

Trotsky said...

You are soft.
I have been whoring myself out to the company lately as well. Make hay while the sun shines.$$$
Still no big Browns yet. March is usually the month anyway.

SD said...

well at least ya got out and dinged some... ya bastid!

still waiting for a thaw, although this week looks promising temp wise, thus far

lambton said...

Oh ya...nice pic. USELESS!!!!!
Since you whoring yourself out lateley I just want to let you know they are practically giving 5mp digi's away these days...;0)
I think our little "blogs" have a wide audience lately and ya can't let the fans down.

Trotsky said...

B-
I didn't feel the need to add that the picure quality was due to the absence of my fishing partner.....
WHERE T-F ARE YOU!!!.....you risk being put under suspicion.
Don't you remember how much fun you had reeling in Steelies with sores all over them at the generating station last year! lol
"The Horror"..."The Horror".
SD-
Sad but I 'need' the occasional little trip to the water...even if it is for pellet heads. These outflow denizens appeal to my sense of the absurd. I don't whether to laugh or cry about it.
I wonder if the fish are sentient enough to think to themselves.." how the F did we get 'here'?!"
..something I have been wondering about myself lately.

lambton said...

G,

You are 100% correct. I'm comming back. Just settling in nicely with the new job and the vacation is behind me. Now if we can get a major thaw I'm GTG for the road.

Trotsky said...

Awesome,...looking forward to it.
Looks like we need a new furnace so I will be whoring myself out to the man at every opportunity.
Yesterday was the second time we have had to fix the pos. I feel like the dad on Christmas Story....except I curse more.
Don't sweat it though....we'll be fishing even if I have to ride my bike.
BTW you keep spelling coming wrong...and it is giving me the creeps.

SD said...

"BTW you keep spelling coming wrong...and it is giving me the creeps".

makes me wonder what you two do out there all by yourselves.. ;o)

Trotsky said...

My attractiveness has been known to cross all gender , species and sexual orientation....nothing like riparian manlove.
Hot

lambton said...

Oh make no mistakes about it. It's all about the buggery.
:0O

SD said...

Guess it gives a whole new meaning to "wilderness exploration" ...

you keep the "buggery" up North..people down this way are shot for much less...

Trotsky said...

Sd-
North?
Somebody needs a Geography lesson.lol
Go WEst young man.
BTW,
How was the pipe?
Supposed to hit a balmy 2 degrees today. Might try for a Brown again.

SD said...

hey ...anything outta the GTA range is north to me...

Pipe looks ugly..Pier is snafu'd..

Pics forth "cumming"... LOL

Trotsky said...

This time of year can be frustrating.
The wind is rippin here so Kenobi and I went toboganning instead of fishing.
Won't be long now....only 8months 'til OCt.
In for OT tomorrow.$$

Anonymous said...

whore

Trotsky said...

Hey man....desperate times call for desperate measures.
BTW- Will you buy me a new furnace?

Chinook7 said...

Masterful camerawork, you are truly an artist.

I haven't hit the S'cor in about two years, the returns were never as good as I had hoped, but if I lived locally I would probably try regularly. On my new site, I added you as a link, this is probably the funniest place related to Steelhead....should be up in a week.

Trotsky said...

Thanks Joe.
I believe that we've all beaten the fact to death that your camera work is sublime so there is no point in repeating that here again...although I suppose I just did. With me it is always a crap shoot....with the emphasis on 'crap'.
I look forward to seeing you new invention.
Working way to much this week but I will fish on Tuesday.
Back to guarding the nation....