About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Couldn't Even Catch A Cold


I wish that were true.
I am so friggin sick of being sick.
I came down with a horrible head cold virus thing just before I went away for my recert in early March and it has been with me ever since. I shot pretty well considering. I qualified on my first attempt no thx to the Agency.
Fuck them.
They sure make it hard on a person and my trip wasn't without the usual bullshit drama. Fucking place makes me exhausted.
At least it is behind me...til next year.
The stress and the fact that everyone around me is sick is a bad combination.
The clan just can't seem to shake this mess that has taken hold of us all here at the Norland house.
The midnights don't help one bit.
I absolutely hate midnights.
I feel tired all the time and I don't eat well. It is easy to get run down and I think that is what has happened.
I was just about through with the last bug but went into a tailspin on my last shift in.


Both Ella and I are in the same shitty boat.
Chicken soup and Kleenex.
Awesome.
Oh well..


We both started to perk up a bit so Kim and I bought Ella her first Bike today and it really seemed to cheer her up....
Actually it cheered everybody up.
I even decided on the spur of the moment to go fishing.
:oO


It had been a few months and I was concerned that I had forgotten how.
The water under the bridge looked great but I didn't even get a single pull....it did feel good to shake off the dust...runny nose and all.
Very peaceful down there this time of year.
Owen tagged along and we had a good time together. Daddy and his float watching and Owen with his Harry Potter make believe. I think he was being chased by the Dementors...lol.
I turned him loose with the camera and his pictures turned out pretty good.
I even saw a few guys heading out downrigging.
Won't be long now.


The schedule I am on right now should loosen up in a couple of weeks and it is a good thing because I could can really use the R&R fish or no fish..
Til then I guess I will just keep chasing bad guys. It looks like the stuff is starting to move again and with any luck we'll get another pinch our way.
I hope the family gets some sleep tonight.

8 comments:

18 Mile said...

Get well my friend. When I get those head colds I go to the pharmacy and buy one of those saline solution sinus kits. you get a squeeze bottle and saline salt backets and you flush your sinus's with the salt one a day. It has been working like a charm after 3 to 4 days of doing it.

as for the fishing the fresh may help out a bit. Your new photographer did a nice job.

Get better.

Trotsky said...

yOu are not the first person to suggest that... I may have to give it a try.
Thx
Later

lambton said...

"Flush out your Sinus with salt water..." OMG! Just cut your head off.

That water looked good. Every time I have been there it has been mud! This morning included.

Trotsky said...

Yeah..
It really looked sweet. If I had been down first thing maybe things would've been better.
I may flush my sinus out with scotch.

Joe said...

You should have gone to the coal plant, just to do a tally on the S-Rat factor. I am sure it would have been a solid 11 on a scale of 10.

You've had some bad luck with illness over the past few months, give that Cold FX a try. It is mostly herbal nonsense, but seems to work.

Talk soon,

J

Trotsky said...

I always get sick this time of year according to my BLOG.
Useless.
I have to watch some of those herbal remedies...they don't mix well with my blood pressure medication...
Yeah..
go figure...
'I' have high blood pressure!
lol
I am perking up a bit today but I am as tired as an old dishrag. The water under the bridges should be smashed for a while from the projected rainfall and high winds but when it settles there should be fish kicking about. You should take a run this way and at least we could tip a pint at Paddys.
I turn 40 in couple of days...if I live that long.

Harv said...

It is a tough time of year for those damn colds - I had a doozy again in early March. The night shifts are the absolute catalyst for me as it seems I can keep the viruses at bay until that first midnight shift and then whammo!!!

Like Joe says, that sinus flush is supposed to work. I was given one of those neti pots but have never used it. I much prefer to just lay on the couch and moan and groan!!

I think I found the utimate cure for that March cold though - take 2weeks off and go to South Carolina golfing - worked for me LOL!!!

Good on ya for getting out and fishing. I have yet to do so and I am going crazy. I was hoping to head up the Huron shoreline this week but that heavy rain may have put an end to that idea. :(

Next time you find yourself with a weekday off and a desire to take a few drifts in the St Clair let me know - I would love to try that sometime.

I think I hear Michigan calling our names!!!

HArv

Trotsky said...

10-4 on all of that.
I am supposed to be in for two more nights shifts starting tonight but I am thinking about calling in.
Lock your doors ...the Border will be compromised.