About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Grease!


Salvelinus namaycush...
Poor bastards.
Around here most people don't even consider them fish.
It is not uncommon when discussing creels for fisherman to say something like.."oh things were pretty slow today,...we got 2 fish and 4 greasers(lake trout)".
lol
We miss the Salmon at this end of the lake. We get a very brief opportunity to fish fish for them with any real hope early in the season and then it becomes time to either rig up the Walleye harnesses or trailer the boat to some real water.
Gerry and I finally got out today.
He is feeling better....at least well enought to fish so, we thought we'd give it a go today.
It was a fun day. Very good to be fishing together again.
The weather was a bit scuzzy but we toughed it out in the hopes for some King action but we didn't get any fish.

We did however go 5 for 7 with the grease.
We tried to avoid them but the stupid fish were even hitting the dipseys.
Oh well it is fun catching fish and even though most the local trollers would rather snag a sheephead than catch lakers all day I didn't mind them at all.
On most bodies of water guys would be happy to go out fishing with the expectation of catching their limit of Mak's.
Like anything...people can get spoiled and if nothing else the 'greasers' provide a reason for two friends to go fishing.

Back to work tomorrow.......ugh.
I keep checking my lottery tickets.
(I hope the fact that I am a shameless killer of grease doesn't offend anybody):o)

5 comments:

SD said...

"The Feather Freak"??

Grease Killer

and wtf is that tune playing when i logg into your site?

Trotsky said...

Man that is UFO Joe.
It is one of my sons favourite video games and I have added it to the bottom of the page! lol
It is actually kinda fun......but I may pull it just because of the music. It is making me tired.

lambton said...

Glad Gerry is feeling better!
I'm done whoring myself out to the man on Wednesday. Then back to my site for Thursday followed by Friday off and our first jaunt up to the property for the long weekend. The black flies need our blood :0/

Nice laker. Are you running low on lamp oil?

B

The Mad Fishicist said...

no excuse necessary. lake trout deserve all the catching you can give them and more. wish i was catching.

what's a mak?

MAD

Trotsky said...

Poor fish....no respect even from the MF!!!!
MAk's....Some of the Michiganders(?) refer to them as Makinaws (sp?)...or Mak's for short.
Great pics on your site and congrats BTW.