About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

"Washing Lures..."


The radio chatter that has to be endured when downriggin' makes me wish that I was dead.
I can't really say that the local fishing personages are 'bad' people... but man they wear me out at times.
If it were my boat I would just shut the radio off.
"Got you ears on?...Just Boxed an 8lber on "monkey puke"..down 25 ...back 60 ..in 43 ft of water ...heading into the sun..."
OMG....
Here is a report.There are salmon in the river and they are getting them on lures....good luck and for gods sake SHUT UP!!!!!!
Gerry and I managed to get out for a few hours yesterday morning with my nephew Eric.
Eric is 12(?) .. :O) and he is just nicely getting to the age where he can fight a fish from the moment the rod pops until it gets to the net. Pretty cool.
The only thing that I have to do is take the rod out of the rod holder for him and be ready with my 'cat like' reflex's and make sure that tired young hands don't allow any of my expensive custom made rods to go swimming.
He is a nice young kid with a good heart. He is always very nice to my son and it was good fun to see him get into some fish.

We picked up 4 fish in total and blew another one. Two of them were grease and the other two were Kings ( unless you've taken too many sharp blows to the head...in which case they were 1 Atlantic Salmon and a "1 Rainbow Trout"....long story)
Not bad.
Cruising around the river early in the morning was very pleasant. There was a slight chill in the air but I was dressed for it.
A lot of people living here actively hate Sarnia and that is a shame.
It is a very unique place to live in that it is contrasted strongly between some very truly beautiful things and some really heinous filth (both topographic and cultural)...This aspect can really make me tired but also appeals to my sense of the absurd.
I really like it here.
At one point while trolling we could look out over the lake and watch a beautiful sunrise and then turn over our shoulders and watch the factories "belch filth into the sky" by way of the Petro-Chemical environmental terrorists.

Sweet.
I am making lemonade to the best of my ability...and fishing is a big part of that.

My Son turns 6 this week and it was a mad house here yesterday. Nobody was killed and the house is still standing so I suppose it was a success!!


Man I love that kid.
In for Midnights tonight.

5 comments:

lambton said...

Tell Owen Brian said happy birthday.
Glad you guys are getting out there.
I am looking forward to those Erie Steelies...

B

Trotsky said...

Will do..
BAck from the great white north eh?
Only five more months.

lambton said...

We are gonna fish silly come November. Whooooo Hoooo Haaaaa Haaaaa Haaaaaa

The Mad Fishicist said...

i wonder what shaggy's thinking after you ate his DOG.

kids can be cruel.

Trotsky said...

I just found out that the voice of Shaggy is Kasey Kasem...
Kinda ruins for me a bit!?
ZOINKS!