About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

That'll be it for me too...


I made another quick trip to the river today. My hopes weren't very high considering the fact that we have received very little rain. Certainly not enough to have any effect on the Steelhead fishing. I suspect most of the fish have dropped back to the lake anyway...and good for them.
The Bass have come up in droves....and so have the flies.
Bugs make me insane!

That will just about do it for me.
For the record I was o for 1 today but still managed to enjoy myself.
I noticed that I am starting to slow down a bit when it comes to fishing.... I just kind of relax and take what the day gives me anymore.
Today it was solitude ,fresh air and a pleasant little stop on the way home.....and that is not bad at all.

That river owes me nothing.
....and I will see her in the fall.
The Derby was over before it began this year as the Captain of our vessel is a little under the weather. This suits me fine. The chance to fish with my father in law is the only reason that I participate in this little piscine event anyway...so be it. Get well and we'll hit it next year big guy....no worries.
Besides ...all that radio chatter gives me a migraine.
I have added UFO JOE at the bottom of the page.
Owen and I love this game!

2 comments:

SD said...

Catch ya on the flip side in a few months G :-D

I've gone Hog Huntin on the Grand for a few mths..

lambton said...

Nice Trillium Pic Homo!
It was a quick spring fishery this year. Kinda felt like it was over before it started! I'm glad as hell we did those road trips.
If it weren't for those trips I wouldn't make it thru the summer. LOL!!
I'm on the hook for another 2 weeks at work but after that we should hook up for that beer.
B
P.S.
How do you feel about fishing Russia this July :0)
http://www.lax-a.is/english/steelhead/