About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Think It Is GAMERA!!!!


During a slog through the Bear Creek watershed looking for Steelhead Morin and I happened across this cool little turtle.
The Steelhead were someplace else so we took the time to snap a few photos and take some video.

Bye Bye Turtle from Gene Norland on Vimeo.


We are mental....no question about it.
LOL


If for no other reason my daughter Ella loves this BLOG entry.
We argued a bit about what kind of turtle this was.
Typically we were both wrong.


Morin thought it was a 'Pileated Snapping' Turtle and my guess was a box turtle.
After a bit of searching it looks like we ran across a Blandings Turtle which is a big deal because it is kind of rare.
I am glad he was wrong about it being a snapping turtle or I am sure I would've had difficulty typing this BLOG entry.

Two Morons arguing over what kind of a turtle this is...sad from Gene Norland on Vimeo.


Pretty cool.
:o)

3 comments:

Wallacio said...

You guys are both turds! That's a Wood Turtle. It's a cool find as they are extremely rare as well!

Trotsky said...

Thou art a homosexshell.....
'Blandings' all the way....
..actually it could be a fucking rabbit and I wouldn't know the dif..
lol

lambton said...

After Norland had sex with it I'm positive it was a "Violated" Turtle.
Poor little fellow...man that was weird!