About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Roe


A roe crisis has seemed to have snuck up on us.
The last season or so has been riding on the gift of Muskegon roe that Jeff Stuhan so generously provided.
The gift came with such alacrity that we(I) foolishly assumed that we'd get more this winter when we made our what has become a yearly trip in his boat for Muskegon Chrome.
Jeff wasn't so free with his roe this year.
:o/


I don't blame him one bit and he is still a great guy and all that but we were kind of counting on him to replenish the stock.
Not so lucky this year.

With the Michigan trip looming things were looking pretty grim.
I had about a half a days worth of the Magic Muskegon tied up left over and I seemed to be in denial about my predicament.



I left it until yesterday to really start looking into buying some.

Apparently roe is a little hard to come by this year?

The three tackle stores I tried just laughed when I asked them about Rainbow roe but I did manage to procure some pretty sweet looking King Roe.

The local store The Outdoorsmen had 2 lbs for sale loose...SCORE!

I would've bought both but the girl that worked there begged me not too until they could see if they could get more in.

LOL

Suffice to say that there may be a few unlucky Michigan Hens with very little time left.

Having said that I am sure to get skunked.

Other than that ...nothing really fishy to report....
My nuts are still a little tender and I bought a really cool amp today....

5 comments:

Wallacio said...

The roe you purchased looks really great - a rare find when dealing with stuff sold in shops.

Best of luck on the trip guys. My thoughts will be with you as I'm cooped up with the in-laws all weekend :-(

Harv said...

Good score on the roe!! I have been in a roe crisis for a while - I have had decent success on the coho roe from CenterpinAngling.com.

As for getting skunked in MIchigan ..... I fear all three of you will get skunked as pentaly for leaving me behind!!!!!!!!!

Good luck over there. I will be thinking about you dudes as I work my ass off at work this week.

I am off for few as of next Sunday though......

lambton said...

You roe buying whore! I bet you spent Easter Sunday dipping your nutt sack in and out of that container! The big river was running very low. Fish were very scarce but a few rabbits were pulled from the hat. Good news is the rains are a comin' . If all goes well we will hit the front end of a fresh push. One thing for certain...the beer will be cold!

Trotsky said...

Both you guys covet the chocolate starfish..
I don't care if I even fish at this point... I need to get away and veg....
Pentaly?
..is that Pagan mystic curse....
I knew all you red heads were demonic....

gw said...

fishing be damned! look at the amp.
nice going gene.
by the way, your nuts will never heal hangin' with those guys