About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Daddio...(In Law)


Today I did a good thing.

Sometimes it is not about just catching fish...and heres the thing...


Right on cue with my midlife crisis...which I am starting to get a handle on...
..we are NOT getting any younger..

Gerry wanted to get some Steelhead action..and I sure as hell was going to find time and fish for him.


Here is a guy who would lay down his life for all of my crew without hesitation..generous to a fault in my book, and I truly enjoy his company...truly.
Not many people I can say that about.

So we hit the river early ...


The river had started to drop and as predicted was ultra clear..very tricky..but easy to cross.

To my shame I still feel a little awkward when Gerry takes my arm at crossings that I would normally skip across...( somewhere Morin is smiling ) ...

..Gerry I think has a mild phobia about water...
I mean shit ...what is the worst that can happen???

Chilly swim...that is par for my course.

4 for 4 to start the day...but all with wee little fish.


Gerry blew a big fish at the wintering run and that had me thinking that it could be one of those days.

Redemption at the new run...


Gerry hooked a nice 7 lber that really put on a show for him and he couldn't have been happier with the result!!

Very Very cool!!!

I just wish that I'd gotten it on video but it snuck up on me...


The pics were shit because landing a fish, guiding and desperately avoiding disaster is in short clusterfuckish...

Untitled from Gene Norland on Vimeo.



This video is of Gerrys second decent fish from the sausage run...he missed the strike 3 times in a row.
Good thing Steelies are stupid...


Great day....and I even managed a few for myself.

10 fish total....not too shabby considering.

Work looming...sigh

2 comments:

lambton said...

Yeahhh Gerry!
Atta boy!

Geesh that water is lookin skinny. LOL! Dead sexy crystal clear but lookin in need of some help.

I hate plastic...

Trotsky said...

We fished 2nd water except for first thing in the morning and still managed 10 fish....
What are ya gonna do??

I am looking forwad to the snowy days now