About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Now that was Brutal!!!


Went fishing today and probably shouldn't have.
I read the weather reports, ...why ?..I don't know if I am not going to heed their warnings.
Ah well, I am home safe and sound after driving through the worst conditions I have ever seen in my life.White-outs the whole way back home. My eyes are still sore. That was the only time I have ever been scared in an automobile.....I mean other than when Brian is driving.
It was COLD!
I got to the river relatively late. I slept in and needed it. I am an early riser normally and I like to be on the water for first light but I was wiped out from this past week and just said to hell with it.Besides, it is the second deer season where I fish and after what I experienced the last time around I thought that walking through the bush before sun up might be bordering on a deathwish. I 'borrowed' my raincoat from work and wore a red appleton rum ball cap in the hopes of not getting my head blown off. My raincoat is a violent chartruese colour that would give even a blind person a headache. I looked like a giant tennis ball.
Turns out I didn't miss much.The river was a slush fest early on and it was impossible to get a decent drift. I wanted to fish some runs way up so I exercised some rare self discipline and walked past fishy water to get there. That is a tough thing to do but the weather was getting worse by the minute and I wasn't sure how much time I was going to have. I have been thinking of this water for weeks now and have not fished it since back before I wounded myself and I was itchin' to test out my "girly" wrist against some big fish.
It failed miserably.
Unfortunately it will be a while before I am 'back'.. :o/
Ah well,...still was a great day. I caught some fish until the pain became unbearable.... mostly the cold. The wrist doesn't really hurt ...it just doesn't have the strength it needs.
On the first fish I managed to drop the camera in the water.....nice one gimp.
Took only about two seconds for it to freeze solid. I got one decent picture of a fish and one of one of the numerous spiders I saw on the snow????????/
Very weird.
Good thing Brian wasn't with me. He would've stared at the spiders for hours.
On the way out I bumped into a local pothead fisherman with a wild 30+ incher on a stringer.I guess he gets the munchies after fishing stoned.
Sweet.
Might have to kill that guy.
Gotta go.
Having dinner at the Curling Club tonight...
Whooo spread out!

10 comments:

Trotsky said...

I am serious!
I tried to post the piture in my blog but couldn't get it to fly.???
I am borderline retarded.
I will post it on my pic of the week and you'll see MF'er.
They were everywhere.

Trotsky said...

Done!
Pic of the week.
Dig the spider numbnuts.
Hey they did shoot me full of radiation for my bone scan?.....Maybe I am spiderman?
That'd be cool.

lambton said...

O.K. let me get this straight:
1. You wore a red hat and dressed up as a giant green roe bag. Matchin the hatch...I'm with ya!
2. You dropped your camera in the water because you have girl wrists
3. You are seeing spiders on the snow and
4. A magic herb shawman had a pet 30" wild steelhead with him on a leash.
Was the steelhead talking to you? Maybe in french? Tab-er-nack!
Christ I am glad I worked today.
Did doctor happy give you some Oxycontins for the wrist? Only one a day now G not 10 ;o)

Trotsky said...

Come to think of it...Maybe I have gone mad?!
I knew it was coming.
I was 'not' matching the hatch....we all know peach is the only thing that works on dem Coho's bra.

lambton said...

;0)

Peach bags and Carling Light!

PaulGHurtubise said...

For Carling Light, all you'd need are girly wrists, for sure. Why stop there? Fuzzy peaches are all the rage among those with actual girly wrists.

Trotsky said...

I would rather drink from a public urinal then even sniff that swill that is being pawned off on the masses as beer!
Brian and I have been collecting garbage along our river and there seems to be an abundance of Carling light empties.....figures.
To be fair I did run across a Heineken empty once. I can only figure it must've fallen out of an airplane.
:o)

Anonymous said...

It's good to see your WTS (wank & toss) Syndrome hasn't affected your ability to hook into fish ;o)

As for the spiders ?? stopping 60's psychedelic music & the herb, might help... :o)

Trotsky said...

Wise guys..allehya..
DID YOU LOOK AT THE 'PIC OF THE WEEK'!!!!!
ITS A SPIDER!!!
....Man nobody believes me. :o/
I will be shootin' for Monday for my next outing but Old Man Winter may have other ideas.
As for the syndrome...I'll have you know that 'that' is essential part of my prescribed physio.

Anonymous said...

Still smoking the crack? Spiders... whatever homo.