About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, December 29, 2006

'Thats a Wrap!' :o(


Today the river was on the 'stingy' side.
Figures.
?
I had made plans to fish with 'Wallacio' and provide him with a tour of my backyard river....basically returning the favour from a previous fishing outing where he was the host.
I was glad to do it.
We caught some fish.....a few really nice ones...but it wasn't the stellar day that I had hoped for.
I spent most of the day walking Dave from pool to unproductive pool describing how wonderfully this river fished over the past two months.
"Should've been here yesterday".....ugh
Oh well,
Dave was a good sport about it and it gave me a great opportunity to think back over a season beyond compare realize just how fortunate that my friend Brian and I have been.
I will certainly cherish the memories of this Steelhead fall season for the rest of my life.
The water was low and clear....and smashed from all the holiday pressure....at least that is the excuse I am going with. :o)
The day had a nice pace and Dave was good company.
I believe I can safely add his name to the list of guys I'll fish with......its a 'very' short list! lol
Welcome aboard....we'll do it again soon.
I wish all the fish in the river well and I hope they knock boots silly this spring!
Who knows...maybe I'll see some of them again.
Time to shift gears....
BTW- Happy New Year ....nerds.

9 comments:

SD said...

Congrats on a good '06 season. I've enjoyed following your adventures this fall

Trotsky said...

Wallacio...
Dave,
As tried to explain to you on the river....anything above the dorsal fin is fair game.
Besides, as we all know fish hit the pinkies funnny...out of aggression..sometimes they've even been known to whack at them with there tails.
;O)
.....BTW thanks for pointing that out you bastard.....
..you are off the fishing list and on to another completely different list.
SD- The feeling is mutual and thanks. I am looking forward to some type of Blog/nerd/fishing gathering in the new year.

lambton said...

G and Wallace, you guys are useless!! ;0) Sorry I couldn't hook up with ya's Perhaps very soon into 07.

G,
I can't say this enough but thanks for a steller 06 season. Your company has truly been a gift and thanks for putting up with me!

Talk to ya soon. B

Trotsky said...

Yeah...it was something else wasn't it...
It is going to be a long 9 months or so..
Time to break out the NR licenses.
Lets take off eh?

SD said...

Nerd Gathering in '07 eh?

hmmm... wonder what a central locale could be given all of our diverse geographical range...??

Jessi said...

Hey Gene.....I'll take you out some time and put you up on a real nice fish!!!

We need to get that computer fixed.....

PTC

Trotsky said...

I think Garnets Wife just offered to take me fishing.

...HOT!

><>--------------

Jessi said...

Hey, anytime ;)......who do you think puts the worms on and takes the fish off for the sissy???

(i made him get his own blogger account just so there's no more confusion)

Trotsky said...

GARNETS OWN BLOG!!!!!
...God help us all now.
I hope that there is no word limit with these things because I a sure he has a lot to say!
:o)