About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

FISH ON!!!!!



It appears that I am going to live after all.
I have managed to throw my illness.....just in time to go back to work.
Oh well,..training for most of this week so it shouldn't be too taxing.
Today was a day of reunions.
I met my old fishing buddy at our 'secret spot' this morning and did some early season floatfishing. This location can be loads of fun if for no other reason than it is so convenient for us. Generally it doesn't start giving up fish until April-ish but we still managed a fish. I hadn't fished with Brian since well before Christmas....and if I am not mistaken he has yet to turn a fish this year?
:O)
Useless.

My buddy Gary dropped by later in the day and brought his Bass with him. We managed to cool a few standards before Ella had her afternoon nap.
Gary had just returned from a trip down under to visit his daughter and his grandchildren. It must be a helluva thing having family you are close to that live on the other side of the world.....literally.
I'll be giving my kids an extra hug tonight before they go to sleep.
Dinner with J-Mike and his kin tonight.
Steak and Skeeters Wings....
Oh ya.

12 comments:

lambton said...

Tell Gary that Bass are out of season and he shouldn't be bringing them around to your house.
Even Hep-cats like yourselves gotta follow the regs...

"Steak and Skeeters Wings"...
Didn't your doctor tell you that you were gonna die before you reach 40? Hmmmm...

Hey great to be out on the water again with ya. Hopefully we can pull off an adventure in another country this coming week worthy of a blog entry. I'm running out of material here ;0)

signed,
useless
B

SD said...

heh! seems your "other-half' is a better photographer then fisherman...wish I had a "pib-bitch" to tote along with me all year ;o)

BCM said...

Gene, That "sardine" really put a bend in that rod of yours. Is that the 3wt. GLX conversion??? ;-)

Trotsky said...

BCM-Glx....lol
Almost as bad .... I broke out the Im6 15fter just to get the dust off it....what a noodle!
I was told the local hatchery are going to start putting Ganny strain Steelies into the water this year instead of the playdough fish they normally stock...could be interesting.
SD-
It is fun to tease Morin.....if he doesn't get into some fish soon I am sure he'll have a stroke!...but in truth the guy is so far ahead of me on the Chrome counter that there is seriously no catching him.......BUT WHOS COUNTING!!!!!

Coondog said...

Wow, your location is very secret.

Piece of advice, don't try and join CSIS.

Trotsky said...

CSIS..
Ha ...whos kiddin who,
My career is over just by association with you guys.

Trotsky said...

Geez Dave...
I almost deleted your comments...
I hope everybody knows about your off side sense of humour...besides I am the one with all the ball gags....
;O)

SD said...

On second thought... You two keep your plans for a "World Tour" outta this region.. Ball-Gags aren't welcome in these parts

Trotsky said...

Open your mind square?!

PaulGHurtubise said...

That is a nice pic. Doesn't look like a sardine, though.... Ball gags were needed for me this weekend, just so the fish could see "something" coming at them. Got a couple mazos to go for them...

lambton said...

Dave,
Pretty sure those chaps have the "chrome sickness" we all suffer from but...ya never know. That's why G goes thru all the open doors first ;0)


Steve,
I am sure you have "ball-gags" made by Islander, Sage, Ang Spec and Loomis. I bet even some prototypes. Don't be ashamed ;0)

SD said...

Uh... I have no affiliation with anything Loomis... The other Companies however ? well.......

And I keep hearing of these proto-types.. someone wanna bring me up to speed on those ? ;o)