About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring cleaning...



I have decided to auction off a couple of pins that I own.
It is nice to have lots of stuff but I have always been the kind of person that is bothered by owning things that don't get used....especially if they are qaulity items.
A good float reel that isn't being fished?....that just isn't right.
I hope they find a good home and each feel they pull of a good fish this spring.
Adcock Stanton
Arnold Kingpin
With the amount of fishing that I have been doing lately I am inclined to sell all of my gear. All work and no play...and I am worn out. We are so short staffed at work that any 'days of rest' inevitably bring about calls for overtime from the man. This means extra dough and that is always good.....makes it very hard to say no ...even when you need to.
Just finished off another 50 odd hr work week including 4 midnight shifts in a row.
I was in great shape today.
I really do love my job and most days I can't wait to get into work but I am currently very close to burn out. .....and without a break things could get really weird.
I have turned down OT to fish before and I may have to start now just realign my soul...but that money can haunt you even on the riverbank. "Make hay while the sunshines" and all that but enough is enough.
Speaking of sunshine.....looks like we have finally made the turn?????
Talking 17 tomorrow...that should be it for the snow ,knock on wood and I plan on making up for this downtime this April.<><
Family day tomorrow and I really am looking forward to it!

7 comments:

SD said...

shitz...woulda/coulda worked something w/ya on the Stanton before E-Bag.....

Trotsky said...

Sorry...I should've run it by you I guess.Kinda spur of the moment.
A buddy just made some decent dough on ebay so I had him list my reels for me.

Jean said...

I'm not your buddy... Oh and I have a 10% listing fee.

Trotsky said...

Allright dipsh*t.....I just threw another piece of fish in the Mc Michael marinade for Sunday..
Enjoy!

Coondog said...

All work and no play turns you into management. Beware of the dark side Luke!

SD said...

s'all good G...just a reel...

Trotsky said...

Coondog....
Are you Darth Vader then?
"Who's your daddy Lukey Bear"
"grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"