About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gearing Up



This weather has been making me insane.

Last night I spent the better part of two hours cleaning out my eavestrough. This job hugs nut at the best of time but last nights misery was compounded by hordes of mosquitos and temperatures rivaling mid-summer.

I am sure this is the end of the world. ITS OCTOBER FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!!!

Having given up hope for any early fishing I having been making hay while the sun shines financially....whoring myself out to the Man at almost every opportunity. This is good for the bank account but very bad for my soul. I have been a miserable Cur lately and I don't know how my family has put up with me...not to mention the travelling public.
:o)

I had a day off finally and used the time to prepare some of my fishing gear. It felt a little strange to be preparing for the fall fishing while cowering from 30 degree temps in my basement like some kind of animal but it at least took my mind off of it.
I had decided to order some new breathables and boots.Being rather flush lately I almost pulled the trigger on some of those homo big name waders that are spun from gold but found reason at the last instant.Waders are like erections...they are cool to have but they don't last.
I break things....it is what I do.
I no doubt will have to re-order waders next year, regardless of what brand I purchase ,so my best bet is to run as cheap as I can and put the rest of my fish money in the gas tank.
There has been quite a bit of talk in the camp lately about fishing in MI and I have decided that I am all for it. It will be fun to branch out a bit and with the dollar being as strong as it is things couldn't be more affordable on that front.

If only these ass-holes at the border would get the traffic moving.

I still have to make a run to London or somewhere for some floats and hooks but other than that I am pretty much ready to roll.

I figure that we'll have to wait until about mid December for frost any way.

Tick tock....

6 comments:

lambton said...

Gear Pig!
Nice Pink worms you freak! What's next riverwood jigs ;o)
I just may have to break down and buy some breathables as well. Man it ain't getting any cooler out there and I can't see sweating like a SOB in the neo's.
About time you posted a new entry you POS.
MI here we come...

Trotsky said...

Man I fucking hate midnights.....
UGH!!!
BTW...you read my entry before I even had a chance to finish it you freak...now get back to work FCS

gw said...

sieko1
i'm just having trouble breathing!!! let alone breathables. did you get the roof done before you go fishing?? i guess we're going up on friday but it's just probably going to be social hour. i don't believe there's any water in the river. you're more than welcome if it's in your plans. who is this lambton person anyways??
gw

lambton said...

yeah...I am awesome.
It must be all that awesome sauce I have been eating.
MI here we come...

gw said...

anyone in lambton can't be that awesome. take the money and run gene. give me a call when you've got the time. talk soon

gw said...

lamton
i don't know who mi is but i don't think they care if you come or not