About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Here fishy fishy..

The workplace loosened its hold on me yesterday so I decided to burn some leave and wet a line.
I had set my alarm a little late which is very unusual for me. I like to be first on the water...always.
I am not a fish hog but I enjoy the anticipation of being there before sun-up and having to wait before being able to effectively fish. It is a nice feeling and I hate to miss it but yesterday when I went to bed I had decided that the extra hour or two of sleep would be of greater benefit.
Sounds good?...fast forward to the part where I wake up to find that I have a flat tire. Kim needed the second vehicle for the kids so I was forced to do a little pit-stop action at 6ish. Sweet.
All my gear was already loaded in the car so in order to get at the spare I had to first unload all my crap out on to the driveway. For a very brief moment I considered just pulling the plug and going back to bed.


Brief Moment. ;o)
Oh well...could've been worse.
That baby could've popped on the I69 a few weeks back whilst driving through that blinding MI snowstorm.....NOW THAT WOULD"VE SUCKED.
Regardless....an hour or so late and I am on the road.
I stopped by my favourite river and had a look-see only to confirm that this season is shaping up to be an absolute disaster.....at least around here. Maybe this is some kind of penance for last years easy pickings??
Ah well ...suck it up.
Desperate times...

A fella I know ,who is dialed in on every flow from here to British Columbia (it turns out) recommended a river that flows out of the 'Sea of Tranquility'.I had recalled overhearing a hushed conversation at the local fishing store about Steelhead fishing on the moon so figured WTF??! I have never fished any lunar tribs and was eagar to try them so I quickly dug out my space suit and off I went. The gravity thing was a little bothersome but the beauty of the surroundings quickly made up for any discomfort....that is if you like cheese.

(I did in fact bump into Wallace and Gromit)
Any hoo....the fishing was dismal....turns out that my curse followed me even into outer space.
Might have to book an appointment with the Witchdoctor again.
I did manage to dig up this pic from last year and decided to post it if for no other reason than to lift my spirits.

BTW...hey Kettle ...this is the coffee calling....guess what ...you're black.
:o)

7 comments:

lambton said...

mmmmmm Coooofffffeeeeee!
Very happy you had an enjoyable outing! You were in need of one!
Man that tire thing was kinda lucky on our part. Geesh.
Start thinking about next week.

Trotsky said...

Will do...
Work is brutal right now but Dec is all about time off...I think I work a total of 5 days...then off to Chilliwack for training.
:o)

Wallacio said...

Now, play nice girls.

SD said...

oh god they're "arming" you ?? ;-)

well at least your not in the funk anymore

Trotsky said...

SD...
Thx for the kind words....
lol
Lets not get ahead of ourselves... I still have to pass the psyche exam and lets face it... I don't like my chances.
Hows the feather flinging???
DW..
All in good fun Dave!!
I hope it is taken that way...tongue in cheek. One of the first things I learned about Steelheading is that we're all nuts.
Hope you guys have another awesome day.

SD said...

bah...as u found out this aft all is quiet on the Eastern Front.

take the lil Yellow Pill before the Psych eval...worked for me to get a carry permit ;-)

Trotsky said...

Weird
lol