About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Car Stinks...



Smells like Victory.....
Well maybe not quite.
Between Brians rotton gloves , the Cherry Cheddar Elk sausage (and the flatulence that accompanies it) , Tim Hortons Coffee, sweaty sweaters discarded in the back seat after barely surviving the hike out of a winter ravaged ravine, not to mention the ubiquitous rotten river stink that finds its way into every piece of fishing gear this time of year,...my poor old Steelhead mobile is REDOLENT of Fall Fishing....
...And it is about time.
I can breath a sigh of relief....finally.


I doubt anything will ever compare to last years fishing but at least now I can look forward to my days off.
The grass is still green in Sarnia , but ten minutes outside of the city we have vehicles in the ditch.
Winter took a shot at the Huron Shore this past week and I loved it....iced guides and all.

I have a fair amount of time off this December and I hope to do a fair amount of fishing...preferably fishing that doesn't involve travelling for hours in a car.
I love a good adventure as much as anybody but after a while enough is enough.
Back to work tomorrow.
The government is going to tell me if I am crazy or not....???....how unsettling is that???
Takes one to know one???
lol
Wish me luck.

5 comments:

lambton said...

Pssst... If they ask you if you
enjoy standing in icy waters enveloped in snow squall conditions mentally willing a small floating orange dot to plumment below the surface make sure you say NO!!!! Only crazy people do that. ;0)

Chinook7 said...

Very nice fish, I was going to go there on Thursday, but fished the big river instead. Shame that it has dropped to an unreasonable level, and little precip seems to be in the forecast, save late in the week.

Trotsky said...

Ironic...
If it weren't for the Rivers I think I would be in a straight jacket somewhere.
JFL..
Yeah..things don't look good.
It wasn't exactly ideal even on Friday....still quite low.
Oh well at least we had a small taste.

BCM said...

Finally!!!

Congrats Trotsky. Nice way to ring in the season with such fine specimens. Beautiful!

Trotsky said...

Thanks brother...that is a nice thing to say.
I don't need big numbers...just a little peace and the feeling that I am not completely useless!
lol
9 days off starting Tuesday.....
<>< on.