About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, November 30, 2007

When Things Get Tough....


I dragged my ass out of bed today to fish a river that I knew would be brutal but I had spent the last two days looking after my son... nursing him through some type of stomach flu ..and now that he was feeling better Daddy needed to bolt,....Big Time!
LOL
Poor little fella had 'er on rewind for almost 48 hrs.
I hate when kids get sick...just breaks your heart.
We toughed it out together as a family and hopefully he'll be well enough to go to Christmas in the park tonight.

The river was stingy and the weather was brutal but I still managed to sting a few.



That'll teach 'em.

I only had to share the water with one other guy.....and it wasn't Morin.

He was too busy today getting his beauty sleep...and Christ knows he needs it!!!

One good thing about crappy conditions is the solitude....and I believe that I have mentioned this here before but it certainly bears repeating....I think the solitude is more important to me than the bent rods.

Good for the soul and the blood pressure.



Daddy is recharged and ready for the next challenge......(I think?)

THX fish.

PS..
Here is a picture from Christmas on the Farm. Here we are freezing to death on the Hayride...
Fun stuff though.
:o)

2 comments:

lambton said...

I think I over did the sleep thing. I am damn beautiful now but my body is smashed. Hope I'm not getting sick :0/
Nice fish homo. Was there any trees left standing after yesterdays wind?

Trotsky said...

The wind was pretty bad today as well.....low water and high wind and water right on the edge of freezing....
NIce.