About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And then there were three...

Sunday June 8th 13:42 Avery Elizabeth Norland was born in to this mad world and I love her.


I had come home from work Saturday night exhausted after working three horiffic 12 hr shifts in a row in the worst heat imaginable. The last thing I had said to my co- workers on our walk out to the parking lot was "you watch,..tonight will be the night".


Kimi was due on the 15th ...so we knew it was close and our other two kids were a week early as well.
Oh well....thats about how it usually goes.
Baby is here ...all is now well...or on the road to well and the good news is that I am off for right around 39 weeks.
I am not sure what I am more excited about....the baby ...or the time away from work.
Kids are a blessing and I am going to try my hardest to savour this year and take advantage of something that most parents ...particularly fathers ...don't get the opportunity to do.


The fishy side of things has been very slow.



I did take Owen down to the hatchery on kids day. This is the day where the club members release the pond fish to the wild(lol)..and before they do that they let some of the kids in the neighbourhood catch them.


It kind of gives me the creeps but smiling kids can make anything sweet.
Some of the Steelhead in the pond were easily in the teens and there were a couple that were an honest twenty.



Owen caught a Brown Trout for his fish and it went around 15 lbs....3 pounds bigger than my biggest...



:o)
We should start the assault on the Walleye shortly.
The water just needs to warm up a bit on the Canadian side.

The word from the commercial fishermen is that the numbers and size are even greater this year...although I don't see how that is possible.

Any way....I hope we get some sleep tonight.

3 comments:

lambton said...

Congrats!
It saddens me to think there are more Gene Norland "genes" in this world but I have high hopes that little girls has 51% of her mothers! ;0)
But seriously, very good news!

BTW...you are gay!

Trotsky said...

Thanks homo.
Submitted my leave slip yesterday to the tune of right around 40 weeks off!!!
hehehahahhehehahahahahahbwbahahbwbahahahahahahah
...Lock your doors...the Border has been compromised.

lambton said...

40 weeks off... Geesh...
I fear for the worst! I suspect towards the end of your leave you will become a golfer. :0(
Lost another one to the establishment! Actually you could use the time productively and get that dream job you are always talking about. You know the guy who stirs and then empties the Porta-Jon's. Go for it G...Chase your dream!