About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, October 06, 2008

Sigh....


All is right with the world....I am fishing again!!

Not exactly a stellar day but not too shabby considering.
The water was just a titch on the high side but I managed to sting a few anyway.



Normally I prefer a cold and gloomy rain-soaked Steelhead outing but even I could appreciate the beauty of todays weather.



I bumped into a couple of Brians old buddies.

I pulled into the parking spot at around 6 am only to find that some old creep had beaten me to the river.
Hats off to my new buddy George ...at 70 yrs young the old prick goes even harder than me!!!
NICE.



I hope he got a fish but he and his comrade weren't making out too well when we parted ways.



God I was happy out there ....

This has been a long summer and the fact that there are a few fish in the river already is a very good sign for this fall.



Fresh air and Chrome ...
I will never get over how beautiful these fish are. That last moment when you are cradling them in your hands submerged in the water is really something. The sun just made them glow.
What a treat today was for me.

OUT.

10 comments:

lambton said...

Good on you man! You pathetic POS! I knew you would have a good day. Still kinda early for me but I just may get out there this week if work doesn't totally throw a wrench in my plans. Let me tell ya...those f'ers are trying. As for George and his buddy...well I can sleep well at night due to the fact that they seem to struggle all the time. Good thing because they practice catch and kill religiously :0(
Those fish look stunning.

Trotsky said...

Yeah..
I got the impression that they were meathunters...
Oh well..
No hope for some people. The sausage run has really changed...it will fish better than ever this winter.
Fuck work....
Let me know when you are ready to fish and I will check with my boss....
;o)

Wallacio said...

Nice work...you prick ;-)

The girls will be in Florida from Nov 1-15th...I am going to camp in the shire and sting every fish on you two!

Trotsky said...

Ha..
Funny thing..
The fishing was actually a wee bit tricky. The fish were in strange places.
High Water?
At one point I even fished a worm that was crawling across the bank.....in honour of you Dave...you POS!!
See you in NOV.

lambton said...

Hey Ball-Gag...have you ever seen that show DEXTER?

Wallacio said...

I decided to come down with the Steelhead flu yesterday and had a ridiculous day down in Disneyland...still, nothing compares to the magnificent wild Huron fish.

See you guys in Nov.

Trotsky said...

Ah disneyland...
Fishing is fishing...glad to see you were able to sneak away.
I wish I could get some time off.
BTW ...thx for the invite you POS!!!
;o)

PaulGHurtubise said...

Disneyland? I hope you didn't leave your glass slippers behind, Cindy.
"There's no fish like chrome!
There's no fish like chrome!"

Very niiiiice!

p.-

Glennis said...

Fantastic looking fish, many good meals in them!
Nothing beats the great out doors.
Greetings from New Zealand.

Trotsky said...

Glennis ..
Thanks for the comments however these are sportfish that are far to valuable to be considered as food.
Putting one of these fish on the table for a meal is the equivalent to wiping ones ass with the 'mona lisa'.
Most of the fisherman that I fish with would probably find it easier to kill there own mothers than rap a wild Steelie on the head.
lol