About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Weatherman must die....



Honest to Christ...
Why do they even bother trying to predict precipitation???
We are supposed to get a good rainfall this weekend but every time I check the weather network the projected mm's fall a few numbers......
:o/I am counting on a good downpour for next week.

I am just starting to shake this chest cold that has kept me at bay and I am looking forward to cranking it up a notch.
There have been a few fish that have managed to find their way into the systems but generally the consensus has been that the big push is yet to come...and I am getting antsy.
I don't mind October fishing even if it does mean less fish and more shitrats..and there has been quite a few of the latter so far this year.




I am a fish snob and I have no problem with that. I love the area that I fish as much as I love my own family. This activity is as special as the quarry we seek and the connection I have with it is essential to me. It has become precious and when I see people shit on it.....
There is one dirt bag who kills fish on every trip and both Morin and I have come to suspect that he is poaching even beyond his creative interpretation of the catch and possession limit. I shudder to think of the number of wild fish that have found their way into the saddle bags of this sportsmans ATV both before and after the season closure.
Ah well...the Sausage Man is getting a little long in the tooth for this game and I am sure that in the not too distant future we will experiance a season where the hike in isn't ruined by the approaching rumble of deathmobile ATV....poach-wagon.
I work for the government so I know only too well about the absence of needed funding.There isn'tenough money to provide quality enforcement for more important things that are crucial to public safety. The Steelhead are way down the ladder and they will have to fend for themselves I suppose. The MNR is smoke and mirrors.....but it is not their fault. I believe they are doing the best they can with what little they have.
I do know that I fish as much as just about anybody that I have ever run across and I have been 'carded' once.
:o/
..Have at 'er Sausage Man and the rest of your meathunting shitrat brigade ......and bring on the nasty weather.
Maybe it would be better if the rain held off for a while....
Bite my tongue..
With any luck we'll be able to educate a few fish before they end up in the smoke house.
Oh Yeah..I have added some background music to this BLOG....It is me playing guitar complete with all the rough spots and mistakes....Internet is pretty cool...

10 comments:

lambton said...

The rains and cold weather will eventually come. Hang in there old man. It's probably worse for you as you don't have a JOB!
Maybe you should patrol the rivers admistering vigilante justice in the name of conservation. LOL!!!
Thanks for the music clarification. Christ for a minute there I thought my wife had an elevator installed in the house. ;0)

Trotsky said...

Hey...an elevator is one helluva gig...
and you are a POS

lambton said...

Yes I am a POS. :0)

Hey...is admistering a word? LOL!

Harv said...

Great read Gene! The background music is a nice touch but like Brian, for a minute I thought I was going crazy.....

The rains WILL come and with it will come the fish. At least you don't have to worry about work commitments when it does - sure as shit I'll be screwed ... then again, maybe not :)

Hang in there buddy!

BTW very cool pic!!!

Trotsky said...

You type too fast....and you are really stupid..
Dry as a bone outside and the radar is clear...
Want to go golfing?

Trotsky said...

Thx Harv...
We'll have to get together for another road trip this year. That Mi trip was fun even though I struggled a bit.

Greg said...

Tired of fishing in a bathtub, so I went to Erie Outfitters this afternoon and Mr. Ward from Kingpin reels had some new reels - one is a 4"1/2" and the other is 3"7/8" which we dubbed the perching pin.

The chrome pin was killer...

Trotsky said...

Oh no...more reels!
Oh well ..we can never really have too many.
The new Stantons look really sweet...if they ever get here.
The ground was damp this morning here but still waiting for the big downpour that will kick this season in the ass...

T. Brook Smith said...

Gene, in Illinois we pass out cards with the Conservation Police's phone numbers on them.

That was an ISA brainchild.

I don't know if it works, but it's
nice to think you can.

Trotsky said...

Thx T. Brook.
We have our share of knuckleheads but as usual I make it sound way worse than it is. I am sure there are some pretty sketch activities that go on when nobody's looking... and I also know that it has been going on for decades...
...and still the fish come in.
I can only dream of what an incredible fishery we'd have if everybody did what they were supposed to.
Geesh ...who knows..maybe then even I would keep a fish or two a season.
Anyhoo we finally got some rain up here and I am not nearly so grouchy.