About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

DIY....

Before.....






AFTER.....









...never again.
I am not a big fan of work of any kind.
Around late July of this year a friend of mine talked me into renovating my basement. It was an eyesore and with my parental leave I certainly had the time.He assured me that with his know-how and my limited means we could create the ultimate basement sanctuary.
"A weekend dude...we could bang this off in a weekend...three days tops."
Fast forward to 10 weeks later...lol
It is good for me to have friends like this because without Garnets enthusiasm I never would've made an attempt and as corny as it sounds,.....even with the wee course areas , I can now look around and say "I" did this!!! ( With help of course)It is a satisfying feeling and I can understand a little bit how the DIY thing can become addictive. I am almost going through project withdrawal.........almost!!
The river is up and the nights are getting cooler. I have removed some eggs from the freezer and tomorrow will be my first run at'em ( barring any unforseen marital VETO). I usually have been to the river by now somewhere and I feel a little strange not having wetted a line yet. I console myself with the knowledge that it is still a bit early.
I restrung the guitars today and hopefully my drywall hands will return to normal and I will be able to play again soon. I praticed a little bit today but I felt like a lobster. The acoustics in my music area are way better than I could have ever hoped for.
I don't know a thing about designing a room for good sound so I must've gotten lucky.
Now I can play my guitar without waking the baby.....which is huge. She is my worst critic.Anyway....that is where I have been......And now I am back .....

With any luck I may lift up on one tomorrow.Good luck to all you Steelhead freaks this fall....I have a good feeling about this year and I am pretty sure I can get the time off work.

4 comments:

lambton said...

Well done. I have now raised you from useless to "some-what-marginally-usefull" in my books. Good job old man Norland!
Good luck tomorrow. I was hoping to hit the river with you this week for some therapy. Perhaps Wednesday??????

B

PaulGHurtubise said...

Marital VETO? What's THAT? I never heard of THAT before... she usually just says "no" ....

lol!

Trotsky said...

Wednesday should fly...let me know.

Even worse than the VETO is the good old "go ahead ...do what you want...who am I to stop you?"

lambton said...

"go ahead ...do what you want...who am I to stop you?"

OUCH!!!!!! Like damn Kryptonite.