About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Salmon Derby. 2009


Well the Salmon derby is over.
We started off well but kind of fizzled towards the end.
This was due to a number of factors.
The pictures tell the story.
The rain and the wind played havoc up at Kettle Point on the last few days and just about blew us off the water.

Untitled from Gene Norland on Vimeo.


We weren't missing much.
For whatever reason the bite went off and we had lots of head scratching company out there.
One thing that has always confounded me about fishing for Kings is that when it shuts down ...IT REALLY SHUTS DOWN!!!
When you fish the rivers you can always seem to force out a few even when it is slow but on the big water there just doesn't seem to be anything that can be done some days but take your lumps like a man.
We weren't without our little victories this year.
Gerry won the seniors day and received a cash prize and we also got 9th place over all in the Salmon category which is nothing to sneeze at.
Some bigger fish were weighed in this year and all of them look really healthy.
A fish that weighed just shy of 19 lbs won the thing ...and that is not too shabby.
Ah well...the boys had a great time and it is a fun tradition...there is always next year.

6 comments:

lambton said...

Rubes...

Congrats on 9th. You are officially the 8th looser. POS ;0)


Is it June yet?

Trotsky said...

Nice...
I was thinking of heading up to the river today...
WTF is wrong with me???

lambton said...

I hope you went...

Trotsky said...

Negative...
I did someting even more fun...I laid sod...
Kill me now

lambton said...

You had sex with grass and dirt?
What is wrong with you? Freak POS!!!

Trotsky said...

It is bad Karma to turn down love