About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

That 'll Be It For Me Too


Today my alarm went off at right around 04:30...and I almost didn't get up.
My heart wanted one more kick at the floatfishing game but my body was saying no way ..

Avery has had a rotten cold and that coupled with the fact that she is teething like 90 makes our sleep pattern resemble torture more than any type of rest.
We have all been exhausted lately.
I went anyway...


There is quite a hike involved where we like to fish.
Typically you dance in and then find yourself crawling out. On the last trip I was thinking that in the very near future I probably will find it hard to justify the toll it takes on my body.


I just turned forty ...and I am an old forty at that. Christ .. I was born old.
I am not quite smashed yet and I need to take advantage of these opportunities.



The river was less than optimum. The water was clear , the sun was up and I had everybody and their brother for company but in spite of this I still had a wonderful day.


The fishing was tricky but I managed all right.


Even the bugs held off......for a while.

It was a great way to say goodbye until the fall.


I even managed to find some new sexy water that I am sure will load up silly style this fall.


Now off to bed and then back to the real world for a day.

Untitled from Gene Norland on Vimeo.



I don't much care for the real world come to think of it.

9 comments:

lambton said...

Those hens are cleaning up nicely!
It has been one hell of a go so far this year. You know we go pretty hard for a couple of soon to be old dudes.

When it gets to the point where we struggle on the walk in I'll buy a friggin Monster Truck and get us back there ;0)

Did ya happen to catch any on Monkey Balls today :0.

GT said...

Nice Gene. Last weekend I was thinking very similar. Heavy hikes does drain you physically and mentally. I am three years older than you. Is it stupid that my sole reason to be a regular at the gym is to stay in shape to fish?

I am done as well... with the long rods that is. ;)

Harv said...

Norland isn't man enough for Monkey Balls - he is more of a singles kinda guy!!!!! LOL

Seriously though, nice work Gene. A great way to cap a terrific season.

Morin, you need to buy that property and fleet of quads for us old guys.

lambton said...

No money in guarding the border or plastics...
Harv...I'm thinkin you are gonna have to step up with your alternative energy bank roll.

"Gir-R-Dun Bitch"

Trotsky said...

It doesn't matter where I live or who lives there...
I own that shit bitches!!!!
LOL
Honestly though what would we do without it???
Shudder....
Salmon fishing tomorrow..the boys hit one just shy of 14 lbs today....tomorrow I am going to put on a clinic and really kick some shit!!!!
we have room in the boat for one more...
Morin?????
Sick time????

Wallacio said...

Nice one - always great to wind it up on a good note. I thought I was done but had to sneak out one last time locally and was rewarded with some chrome hens - one was still no where close to being ready to spawn.

Geeze - it was busy back there on a Tuesday in May with gin-clear conditions? Doesn't anybody work anymore ;-)

lambton said...

Oh my...I'm typing this from work.
I guess I missed the boat...literally!
Oh well... Most likely saved myself from buggery on the high seas!

14lb'r...Right on! Maybe that fishery is on the rebound. As much as it isn't my thing right now I could be inclined to participate regularly if you owned your own boat Norland (POS)

I hope you guys are smashing them today. The old man really appreciated that fish.

Trotsky said...

We got skunked today...but we had lots of company..
I am going to miss the Steelies fierce but it is time time to shift gears a bit.
I would love to get my own boat but for now I will just have to fill my time with yard work and childrens soccer.
:o/

PaulGHurtubise said...

Great post as always, Gene. It's nice to see someone with culture and good musical taste getting some success, too. I hate to think that that neanderthal (we all know he has mutant balls) is getting all the fish! And those fish look wonderfully clean. Well done!

p.-