About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Gobble Gobble



In a way I was dreading today.


The home river was probably going to drop into shape for the first time this year....on a Stat Holiday....with no rain
I figured it would be a freak show.


Sometimes you just can't call it. The water was less than optimum and I didn't run into a soul on the river today.


I mean I bumped into a couple of guys on the trail but I don't even think they were fishing. Weird....but I'll take it.

Anyway... I caught a few fish and it felt really nice to get back on the horse.


Last year winter came early and I am determined to savour this fall as much as I can.
This is a cool little release clip which would look better on Vimeo...but Vimeo and I are not getting along.
I was 0 for 5 to start the day and this little beauty took all the weight off.
October Chrome can really put the hurt on ya and I got schooled a few times today.

I made a concerted effort to stop and look around at the colours.
I really do live in a beautiful corner of the world.

I saw Morins Bald Eagle today and just missed it with the camera.
Truly amazing.


I was flying solo today...which is alright. Morin is working his ass off and with every fish I hooked my heart went out to him.

As gay as it sounds...the river is not the same without him. ...Even though he is a POS.


Great start to the season.

Kim is teaching tomorrow and I have Avery all day by myself.....could be very interesting
lol
I had better get some sleep.

8 comments:

JDA said...

Well done, we managed a few less than you down low, but they were bright, thick and healthy.

Funny how the water was comparatively low, yet stained, hopefully there is more precip forecast in the 14 day to keep things going.

Based on the shenanigans we saw along certain sections of the river, I think it was an 'S-Rat' holiday instead of a 'Stat'.

My plan is to throw rocks in deeper pools next weekend during the derby, that should be cracking good sport.

Best,

J

Harv said...

Good on ya brother!! It was a true shit rat convention every where we went today and not many fish to show for it :(

Have fun tomorrow - give me a shout next time you have some days off.

that is so nice that you spent the day longing for your fishing 'partner' - not gay at all..........

GT said...

Nice Gene.....excellent to see you back in the saddle... and this blog continuing. Always enjoy how you set up the pics with your narrative.

(I have only had a few chrome to hand this year. Just can't leave them big browns just yet. ;))

Trotsky said...

Thx guys...
Would've been nice to fish together today but I needed to stay far from the maddening crowd..
Bring on the foul weather.
I shudder to think about this coming weekend...
Bastards..
Browns eh?
I was surprised at the number of salmon in the river.
I stung a couple of really thick Cohos....
If only she'd been loose...
:o/

Wallacio said...

Nice work dude...having the river to yourself at this time of year is almost unbelievable.

Have fun tomorrow, I was solo with Lily all day today...let just say I need a day on the water SOON!

lambton said...

The Coho’s are a nice bonus and the Eagle sighting...well that is just awesome! Very healthly fish dude.
This outage is killing me on more fronts than one. Right now fishing seems so distant to me.
It certainly is nice to know I’m missed out there. Is October over yet…

Trotsky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trotsky said...

The cohos fight funny.....actual made me laugh.
One big old girl jumped then swam across the run and sat in the slack mudpuddle water with her back half out....
LOL
.. It was like she was hiding. I had to drag her back into the current so we could get on with it!
The Steelies just get fucking MAD!!!!
I may head back tomorrow.
Let me know if we can sneak out for Beers and Wings one night.
Later...
Have fun working....I just changed the second poopie diaper...if that is any consolation to you