About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pretty Thin..


Well,
Make the best with what you've got I suppose.
After the success I had the other day I was dying to get out again....
However...
Kimi had half a day of teaching today which kind of euchred me.
I would never complain.
We can really use the extra dough and I know she feels good about getting back to work.

I am usually a morning person when it comes to fishing but you do what you gotta do.
The river was really dropping and I knew that if I didn't get in there today I would have to wait for the next big rain.
....So I have the gear in the car and the waders on when she gets home from school.
Kiss on the cheek and I am gone...LOL
She is a good girl.
I didn't get to the waters edge until 2ish and it wasn't pretty.
Very Skinny...
The fish would be hunkered down in the deep pools and most likely unco-operative.
I was all alone again today.
Morin was again... working..ugh...useless.
I was the only one stupid enough to fish these conditions.
The walk through the woods was very pleasant even though I had to bushwhack a bit to get where I was going.

It is a much easier go in there when the snow has crushed everything...but no one said it was easy.
I caught more fish than I thought I would but they were mostly single year fish or parr. I tried to be as gentle as I could with them and only took one picture.

The future looks very bright.

Lots of spawning salmon....loose salmon....but I didn't have the heart to.
It took me until the end of the day to land a decent fish.

Sometimes the trip to the river is about perseverance and 1 or 2 good opportunities.
Quite a contrast from the previous trip but I enjoyed today just as much in its own way.
I am just happy to be out there doin it.
This beauty and I hooked up at right around 6:30 pm ...which is I think the latest I have ever caught one of these fish.
I think that I can relax a bit now.

The fish are here and all is right with the world....at least my world...knocking on wood....

I am glad the water will be shit for the meathunters this weekend...
4 days of rain in the long term....
:o)

6 comments:

lambton said...

Oh...that is a very handsome chromer my friend. Nice job. I bet the shire is just stunning right now. I do miss Her and it saddens me that I just may miss the full extent of the fall foliage back in there.

A little piece of me dies every day as I sit in this Plastic Manufacturing Pergatory. It's a necessary evil but I find myself pondering the fact that there has to be a better way. I should slap myself as thousands would line up to be in my shoes but its like everything else I guess...taken for granted.

Anyways...fish your face off. If not for yourself then for me! Keep the awesome reports coming for us "Shut-ins"

Trotsky said...

Will do brother..
That was a handsome fella.
Thick...like my penis.
Fought like stink and it was touch and go...
If he had gotten off the ride home would've had a very different tone.
The water was ultra skinny and would've given you hives.
I spent a good portion of my time doing a little recon....and it paid off for one spot in particular.

Back to work tomorrow...then off Saturday..
;o)
We should grab some wings and a pint at some point you shit stain..
BTW...how did you like my link out..
LOL

Harv said...

that link out was nothing short of bizarre - you have issues dude!!!!

nice chromer for sure - I thought about heading in there Tuesday but decided against it - good on ya for getting back out even if the water was skinny.

off to the 'Geen tomorrow - hopefully there are some willing participants (o)

Trotsky said...

Saying I have issues is like saying water is kinda damp...
Good luck up north.
We should get together for a fish next week sometime.
I am off Monday Tuesday and Friday Saturday, Sunday of next week...although I would rather not fish on the weekends.
I will be thinking of you fishing while I guard the nation tomorrow...
LOL

lambton said...

I think Harv want to validate your "Thick...like my penis" statement. Gross!!!!

As for the link out...I can only imagine how horrific it was. The internet blocker here at work snipe'd it right away. I'm probably gonna be in an office upstairs next week explaining something I didn't even see. LOL!

Good for you. I can't wait to start throwing Sh*t again. ;0)

Back to work...

Trotsky said...

Doh!!
Ya your fucked!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Best get on your knees plastic man.