About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, November 06, 2009

I Must Be Gettin Old..


I just about didn't go today.
Ave is feeling better and Kimi gave me the go ahead to fish but when the alarm went off I had one helluva time dragging my tired ass out of bed.
Part of it was the lack of rain.
I talked to my Father in law yesterday and he informed me that there had been very little precipitation since I last fished.
The useless turds at the water site hadn't updated the graph yet so I couldn't be sure what I was heading into if I did go.


The forecast suggested however that if I didn't get my ass out of bed and into the water it could be it for the rest of November.
Screw it I am going.
Truth be told I was running away more than running too.
Ave and I had a rough day yesterday.
Kimi took a teaching day and it was just the two of us.
80O
By 15:00 I was ready to tear my hair out.
She is still not herself and her grumpiness was giving me hives.
Fuck the water...at least I would find some peace and quiet.
Well god or whomever threw me a bone.


When I got to the waters edge I just about fell over....
IT WAS MINT..
I don't know how or when but the river had come up and coloured.....and just like that it was fishing like it is supposed to be.


I just about hiked out in order to fish my home water but it is still Deer season and the guys who haven't filled their tags yet would be desperate at this point.
I do not want to die of lead poisoning...over some fish.
But they sure are pretty.

I saw a couple of Coyotes on the hike in this morning.
It was one of those beautiful but Oh SHIT moments...lol.
One stopped and turned back to get a look at me and my thoughts went out to the story of the person being attacked by Coyotes out east.
Would've been a cool way to go.
Anyway..the water is finally setting up....unfortunately the shitrats will probably have a murderous heyday this weekend.
Sigh..
Hockey dad tomorrow or I would probably roll again.

5 comments:

18 Mile said...

Hang in there. there is nothing better in the world than hockey dads and hockey mom's. there dedication and sacrafice is remembered by their children for the rest of their lives.

JDA said...

Gnorland,

Davey and I are heading out in lieu of your stated absence.

Enjoy puffing cocks.

Sincerely,

JDA

Trotsky said...

JDA..
Bring lots o dewies you homos
LOL
Hope you drill 'em

18-Mile Joe
I might be the only Canuck that can't stand hockey..
But I love watching my son play.
...and the arena hotdogs are pretty good even though they give me the stinky guts.

lambton said...

Gettin???
You are old! An old POS!
Good on ya for getting out there. Me...I gotta hope for better days ahead. I know the clock is ticking but there has to be some water in our future...Don't ya think? :O.

Trotsky said...

No I don't ...that is why you should fish with me tomorrow...pos