About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Last Chapter


Retards?

Maybe...

But I don't regret it.



If we hadn't gone it would've haunted me.

We had made plans to fish today and regardless of the forecast or deafening winds howling outside our windows last night we were not going to change them....

The cocka-roaches finally got shut down by the nasty old river...and maybe a slight touch of old age/common sense.


Sure...
.. if we'd made the hike we might of caught fish....but I am alright with the decision not to.


There was a token effort today and a nice drive through some beautiful winter ravaged countryside...hot coffee...Islay Scotch and Mennonite Baked goods.
Now...dare I say it?....Tis time to shut'er down for the year.

Happy New Year.

4 comments:

lambton said...

Nothing ventured...nothing gained I guess.
No regrets over here either.
It would have been a damn shame to have pulled the plug without giving her a little kiss goodbye.

Bill Shearer said...

We got shut out yesterday.
Same feelings about the day as you.
Not really ready to give it up for the season, but definately for this year.

Harv said...

you two are HOPELESS!!!

Trotsky said...

Hopeless indeed..
Happy new year to you brother. Looking forward to some fishing in the new year...even if it is hard water.
Ella is already bugging me.
LOL