About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fishing Like An Idiot


Some days I just can't seem to get it going...
Yesterday was one of those days.

It didn't help that I was carrying around a significant amount of guilt.

Kimi had given me the nod to go ahead and fish even though Avery ..our little one was under the weather.
I have been going through a bit of a tough time lately and she has been extremely supportive.
I think she knew that I could really use a day on the water ....she is a good girl and I love her.
In my heart of hearts I knew I should've stayed home....even though I really benefitted from yesterdays jaunt...
Oh well ...fuck it...
She was in a good mood when I got home and Ave seems a little better...no harm no foul...
..But it is something that I should keep an eye on...priorities


The river was cold and the fish were lethargic...and I was a useless POS.

Not a good combo.



It didn't help that Morin got himself an absolutely stellar Buck before I even felt a tug.

I hate that POS.

Actually ,it was very good to be on the water with my friend...especially under these circumstances and I will take this opportunity to thank him once again for being such a good friend and for putting up with me over the years.

Gay people can be very kind.



Anyway..our day is recounted better Here ...but We left the water with yet another Norland Story where I defied the odds and stared death in the face....well whos kiddin who...but it was pretty funny and I will remember that little 2-3 lber all winter.

Extreme "Norland" from Brian M on Vimeo.



I was a little melancholy yesterday...particularly on the way out and back at the car. I spent quite a bit of time staring out at the surroundings.



I have a feeling that I am going to miss this River more than ever this winter.

A Muskegon trip with Stuhan could help assuage my 'end of the season' sadness and I am already going through my Videos/Pictures of the Spring Manistee trip from last year...

...whos knows though...I may yet get out again before the 31st..

Regardless whether I do or not...



I would just like to say....

Merry Christmas fish nerds.

10 comments:

Harv said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Gene.

That Santa video is priceless!!

Harv

Trotsky said...

Thx Harv.
It Twas fun fishing with you this year.
See you in the new year and happy holidays

GT said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Gene. Wishing only the best for 2010.

Bill Shearer said...

Nice recap!
Sure is better than sitting at home, thinking you should have gone!

Trotsky said...

You are 'bang on' Bill.
Life is never really perfect and I have said here before it is mostly about slipping in through the cracks.
There really are a finite number of seasons left for us...especially at this level of intensity...
..probably way less then we care to admit..
Those perfect days without alloy are almost non existant really and if you try and wait for them you can run the risk of missing out on some really cool shit.
The deer are starting to herd up in there and yesterday Brian and I say agroup of about 12 of them running silently through the valley about 50 yards from us...
Pretty hard to see that from the couch.
..And as for the kids...they are tougher than I give them credit for sometimes and if I don't take care of myself first I am no use to anybody.
Merry Christmas...and don't forget to send me your Blogger account email addresses because I am pulling this thing in the newyear.
Gene

Trotsky said...

GT
Merry Christmas to you too...and don't forget to give Stuhan a call I really looking forward to that madness!
LOL

lambton said...

LOL!!
Santa can lick my wading boots that old crusty POS!
Looks like I'm stuck with the visor for yet another year. Oh well...Michigan chicks did it!
The only thing I don't understand is why in the F*ck did you "long distance release" that pristine Hen up top? Again!!!!!Useless!!!!!!!
For the record...3 outings...3 blown mint hens out of that run. I swear you are wearing my curse.
Terrible fit isn't it. ;o)

BTW...we all lose if you pull the plug on the blog so buck up old man! Keep it real.

lambton said...

Furthermore...
If we can get J-Mike out with us in 2010 think of all the HOMO material we will have to work with. It will become comedy central.

Furthermore Furthermore...

Harv...grow some nuts! You have done a great job on your blog this year. Don't throw it away because of a few lurkers.

Trotsky said...

"3 Blown hens"...but whos counting?
OH I GUESS YOU ARE YOU POS!!!!
LOL..
Rotten fish..
I blow hens...better than what you blow...
That Santa thing was a home run!!!!
;o)

lambton said...

I neglected to mention two of those hens were well into the 30" class. Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!

All kidding aside you are a POS and on behalf of all the friendly good natured gays out there I wish you a Ferry Christmas.

The Santa thing was definately a homerun. Good on ya F@cker! ;0). I still laugh when I watch it! Lol!!