About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Genesis 7:19



....It just keeps coming...and I am getting very irritable.
:o/


Just when things were starting to shape up fish wise we get enough rain to last us 10 seasons all at once...
I was hoping to fish this week but even if the rain stops right now...which it hasn't....it'll be at least a week before any river ...particularly my favourite ..is fishable.
Lord..

When the water gets this high...and it is really friggin high...I can't help but wonder if all the fish that have loaded up don't just bounce back to the Lake?
It would be one helluva a trick to hang in there while the river tears trees down.
Oy .. I am bummed.
Oh well at least the Pistons are playing well.
Damn
...I really wanted to fish this week

4 comments:

Mustang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trotsky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

High water is complete balls.

I actually would have taken low conditions, given the choice. At least I can locate fish on the Maitland when it is running at 1.98.

I've read in a few books that fish typically seek out less turbid eddies and side cuts to avoid particles of sediment accumulating in their gills. As you have alluded to, I'm sure a lot push back to the lower ends of rivers as well.

I would guess Oak Orchard would be good this weekend, it always seems to be clear.

Trotsky said...

Yeah...
You know me..I'll take gin and tonic any day. I kinda miss the skinny stuff. I am pinning my hopes on Thursday/Friday...provided it doesn't slush out on us.
:oo