About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mud


Sometimes you just have to see for yourself I suppose.
So off I go in the wee hours of the morning to a river that by all rights should be destroyed by rain.
I don't know whay I do these things but I will say this ....I don't regret it. At one point on the way out I sat down under a tree and just stared up at the sky.
There was a soft rain coming down through bare limbs and it covered my glasses until I couldn't see anymore. I could feel the rain find its way down the back of my neck but still I sat there....thinking. You can think out there....and I need moments like these. This is the only place I can find them.
I go there to fish but anymore I really don't give a shit if I catch fish or not. It is fun to catch fish ...particularly these fish and if I am fishing with another I am still vain enough to be bothered if I can't keep up but I have noticed that I have lost that sort of maniacal predatory edge that we get once we have reached a certain level. That is gone. I remember it though. I remember getting to the river an hour before sunrise and listening to my heart pound and watching the water for any indication of fish.
Now I just want some peace and quiet.

...And I like watching Morin lose fish.

Because he is a POS.

6 comments:

Harv said...

Tough luck dude - I was there the day before and it did rain a fair amount - had the ground been froze prior to all that damn snow I think you would have found a high but cleaner river yesterday.

Good on ya for making the best of it - there is nothing like being on the river in the right frame of mind and in good company ( even if that company is one's self ) in spite of any fishing successes.

I am certain that the Shire will be loading up with fish and the River will no doubt fish very well while I am away.

What say we hook up for a few drifts locally before the end of the year.??

HArv

Trotsky said...

Book it...and let me know. I am pretty sure I can get the time off.
:o/
Man I would like a few more days of decent water before I have to start thinking about the ....(gulp)...return to employment....
"citizenship?....did you buy anything?"....
....kill me now....

lambton said...

No doubt you were staring into the sky thinking about my wading staff you HOMO POS!
I loose fish for no other reason that to drive you crazy! That and I'm useless at times! ;0)
Friday my friend! Friday...

Trotsky said...

Checque yer Speling you myndlis Git...
Or I will loose my mind...
Fuck you and see you Friday..
Now back to pacman...
I got that Pink ghosts number now bitch

lambton said...

OMG...my tax dollars at work. :0\

PaulGHurtubise said...

u r a lou zer s

yous guys

p.-