About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Mother In Law Loves Me...


..and I am sick of winter already.
It seems Morin and I had some people in a panic over our decision to fish yesterday. On the way home we just missed the closure of the highway.
My Mother In Law called me first thing this morning to give me a blast of shit about how concerned she was yesterday. She said that the radio had claimed that at times you could only see 1 car length in front of you....
....It was way worse than that!
Morins wife called and suggested that we should just stay over...now that is something
..My wife would have me abandon the car and crawl home...lol



Winter Steelheading has arrived early and I suppose I should be happy. The increased hardship getting to and from the fish is usually enough to filter out some of the Shitrat contingent and that is always a bonus but I can't seem to shake the feeling that we got ripped a bit with the fall weather.


There is no end to the Nerdiness between Morin and I and our new thing now is using the movie mode on the cameras.
There is one video we have made this fall where I am fishing a wee piece of water we call the 'stick' and in the background the wind is blowing the trees back and forth. The fall colours were in peak and it looks like a Tom Thompson painting come to life.
I have watched that video so much over the past two weeks that it actually concerns me a little bit. I love being in there when the colours are up...and we had very little of that this year.
The forest is smashed now. ...and that has its own special charm.
I just wish that we could have transitioned a little more gently.



The plan this week was for a back to back Thursday Friday assault but 'common sense' (courtesy of my wife) and road closures have shut us down....well at least me anyway....I haven't heard from Morin this morning....could be he is en route with the dogsled...that OCD POS

Oh well...we made it home alive....caught some fish...and the best part was when I arrived home to find out that everybody is now healthy in the Norland infirmary.



Here is hoping that the river will shape up at some point and I can fish it without having to take my life in my hands at every crossing and I won't have to tie my roe up in bags the size of grapefruit...


Enough already...

..Oh Yah...BTW...
On the way home we stopped at an awesome Bakery where we bought, among other things, extra spicey Oatmeal/Raisin cookies...they were delicious in a burn your throat kind of way ...but they tasted
like my Grandmas house smells
....
WTF
...is there a lethal level of Nutmeg?
I have had a headache ever since and I can't wait to have more.

5 comments:

lambton said...

O.K.
A couple things...
1. Turtle Necks are for Homo's
2. Your M-I-L hates U god bless her
3. Thoses mfer's closed 21 on me
4. It still hurts when I pee...

What is wrong with this world. When I was a kid we walked to school in freezing rain and hail or our parents would have kicked us in the ass if we didn't go. Today with the threat of snow everything shuts down. Seriously, we have enough factors going against us in this fishing! We don't need people worrying about us now.
Now where is the link to that whale blow up video...

Trotsky said...

You are a POS...
I was sure I would've happened across your frozen corpse sometime next week.

lambton said...

Oh don't give up on me yet. I have the entire weekend. Whoooo Haaa Haaaa haaaa cough cough cough!
Hey, weird thing...My head was pounding when I got home also.
Friggin NUTMEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trotsky said...

Yeah...must've been the nutmeg..
Couldn't have been the near heart attack from the hike or the stress of almost dying on the highway with snowblindness...
You are a POS

PaulGHurtubise said...

love is a many splendored thing... takes one to know one... nice entry once again, gene :) if they didn't think we are insane, i'd start to worry. thanks for your contribution to our mystique...
p.-