About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Fishing The Trickle



The river is not much to speak of right now.

There are quite a few fish in it but they have been left high and dry by mother nature.

Oh well...

Today was my day to fish and I knew it was going to be tough. I almost didn't go...but I am glad that I did.
I would prefer to fish the river at its best but the nice thing about the present conditions is that all the knuckleheads stay home....all but me that is.


I did alright considering.
I went from run to run and managed a fish at each one that was fishable but the commotion would send the rest of the fish scattering and after that they couldn't be coaxed.


I was up late last night and the weekend was a bit of a blur.

I played a jazz gig Saturday night with my friend Torrie...which was horrible...
The night before Owen woke up sick and I had him into Emergency in the early hours and most of the morning.

He is still not quite right..so we may have to switch his medicine around tomorrow..
Kids stress me out.
If I'd had any idea how much I was going to love them I never would've had them..if that makes sense....
It doesn't ...but nothing really does.


We had some friends over last night that we hadn't seen in years.
This guy stood up at my wedding and yet somehow I had allowed the friendship to become one where we barely spoke anymore.

It was nice to get caught up and I am hoping that we can do it again soon.

The alarm came awfully early with the time change and hangover from the entire weird weekend but off I went.


I didn't see a soul.

But I did see a lot of wildlife.


Very peaceful day.

Now if we can only get Owen on the mend.

8 comments:

lambton said...

Geesh...that is low. I just puked.
Did you get your welfare roe you pos? That should keep you kneeling on steelies for a while eh?

I got a new camera tonight. It has a panoramic feature. Finally I can take a picture of my c*ck.
I'm gonna send it in to flyfisher monthly magazine. ;0)

lambton said...

BTW...I'm still sick with this dickhole of a cold. It's into it's second week. I now know Owen's pain.

Trotsky said...

Flyfisher monthly will surely mistake your wee little dick for a chironomid....
Back to the doctors with Owen today...joy...oh joy

lambton said...

Chrionomid...
good one! lol!
I hate you.

Wallacio said...

Nice - at least with the bare bones flow, you weren't over-run with shitrats.

I feel your pain dude, Lily managed to bring a nasty stomach bug home from daycare and put a halt to a dinner party with friends by walking up to the dining room table and puking on us. Of course, my non-existant immune system welcomed the dirty virus with open arms and I've spent the last 24hrs with my face in the toilet.

I sort of remember what's it's like to fish...

Trotsky said...

Kids are cool...
We still don't know what the hell is wrong with poor Owen.
Doctors are useless.
Good luck with your Lily.
Good to hear from you.

lambton said...

Wallace...
Due to your sickness, my therapists recommnedations, as well as my natural humanitarian proclivites I will not take any shots at you pertaining to the fact that you are usually face first in a toilet wearing a ball-gag getting driven by an overly muscular metrosexual humming some rendition of a Barbara Streisand medley. Nope...I'm gonna let you off this time.

Good luck with the sick kids bitches. Kids are tough! Tough as nails. It's good for their immune systems. They need to be sick in order to deal with their forth coming lives of disappointment and hardship. Nice eh!

Trotsky said...

I just want someone to kill me......