About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Two Amigos



Well Morin finally finished his plastic making mission and the plant can now roll along with its own impetus.

Life is weird..
How the fuck did we get here?
Oh well..

He obviously has an important job and I am proud of him...even though he is a POS.

Untitled from Gene Norland on Vimeo.



So the plan was to fish Today and tomorrow.
Hard

The weather cooperated.

Beatng up the fish in Nov 2010 from Gene Norland on Vimeo.



The water was close to mint...right around dead sexy...or to use a new and apt phrase...it was rated PG ( Perfect Green..LOL)


I was jacked.

I can't remember the last time Morin and I fished together and although it meant that I would have to shelve any delusions of competency next to his Steelhead gifts we were long overdue to fish the home water as a team.


The Steelhead nerd team.

Useless at the Stick from Gene Norland on Vimeo.



It was a great great day with a ridiculous amount of fish being caught but more importantly it was a great chance to get caught up and shoot the shit with a good friend.


The fish are just an excuse for being there...well it is a little more than that...quite hard to nail down actually.. but it is a special thing to share these moments with someone who can really appreciate it on the same level ...an unabashed love for this river and its fish....

That is a bit of a gush.... rife with melodrama but I am drunk... and feeling a little emotional.
Poor little Ella had to go to the hospital today to have her broken finger reset.
They put her out for it luckily but she has come around now and is in agony.
I feel terrible that I was on the river having one of the greatest days of my life while my family was home dealing with this.
She is my special little girl and I hate seeing her like this.
The bone doc called us today with an opening and decided to take another run at this break and I had no way of knowing.

Obviously I would've stayed home and will tomorrow as well...but I needed a day on the river and I am glad that we were able to squeeze this one in...oblivious to this shit..
Life...holy fuck..some days it really gets you down...
These are my days of rest and all my kids are sick and my holiday plans are completely fucked...
Status Quo...
Except it is not funny anymore...
Oh well..numb nuts will be out there I am sure and I hope he drills them.


Big moment today on the water when Morin nailed a beauty with a Jig that I had tied for him!!!
Ella and I will have to gt back to the fly bench and tie up some more.

She got a real kick out of that news and out of the picture.


Oh well...back to reality...and the numbness of an alcoholic haze...

3 comments:

lambton said...

Great day!
Wish we didn't have to grow old.
Thanks again bother. Well do it again as soon as I get back.

18 Mile said...

Wonderful PG water there boys.

Trotsky said...

Ya
The river is fishing really well this year Joe and I can't wait to get on the water again.