About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here We GO!!......


I know that one of the vistors to my little online fishing world raises a family in Alaska.
This time of the year he must chuckle at the Great Lakes Knuckleheads when we complain about the hardships of our winter.....
But this is where I vent...
Today it is colder out than it has been in 3 years according to the News...and I feel trapped.
I feel bad for the brethren that live in the States along the Great Lakes....I mean....weather permitting they could still fish. This cold snap must be particularly frustrating to them.
I understand and respect the logic behind closing the season here to protect the spawning fish...but couldn't they just give us another couple of weeks!!!!??????
lol
I couldn't help but notice that the river set up beautifully about a week after Christmas.
:o)
I had commented on Gregs BLOG that we are indeed "All in this together" and was reminded immediately upon typing it of Robert Deniros character in that Movie BRAZIL.



That movie was whacky. lol



Gotta love Terry Gilliam.
Actually movies that are a little left of center are a great way to help deal with the winter blues.
I watched 'Burn After Reading' yesterday with my wife.
I fell on the floor laughing with tears rolling down my cheeks during the scene at the end when John Malkovich's character chases the owner of 'Hardbodies' into the street and murders him with a hatchet...alla Raskolnikov ...
"You represent the league of Morons"...."You are one of the Morons I have been fighting against my whole life...and today...I WIN!!"LOL
My wife almost called the police...lol
Has anyone ever made movies as good as the Coen bros???
I may watch it again today.
It is probably a good thing that I am going back to work.
:o)

I am thinking that as a project to beat the Doldrums I will assemble a top ten fish list...
Might be kind of fun.
Anyways...hang in there folks....
I was about to say Spring is right around the corner...BUT IT ISN'T


P.S
Here is an actual picture of the beach just down the street from where I live in Brights Grove..


Almost looks like you could walk across to Michigan.

5 comments:

18 Mile said...

Norland I am starting to think you are some type of evil genius with your blog writing. At least some type of savant. I love the Brazil reference. In addition I cant tell you how much comic relief I derive from your profanity laden attacks on you good friend Morin. I honestly pee my pants...taint LOL!

Trotsky said...

Evil Genius?!!
Lol
Well you may be half right...
I am glad you get a kick out of this ...but make no mistake... I am a full fledged Moron.
;o)

Wallacio said...

The Coen Bros rule...still, their best ever (IMHO) is The Big Lebowski. I've watched it over and over and howl every time.

"Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man. "

lambton said...

Oh Norland is a Savant alright... A friggin men's Ass Savant!
Don't encourage him Joe ;0)

Norland...you managed to get your frozen tongue freed from the crotch section of that bronze statue at the library and get a blog post up eh? Good on ya...I know being off on parental leave is exhausting ;0) you know having to clean your manjina daily and all...

;0)

Trotsky said...

His Dudeness or El duderino if your'e not into the whole brevity thing...Sweet!
My alltime fave is Barton Fink!!