About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gillies on the Redds..


My knucklehead son can take it or leave it when it comes to fishing.
It was already 12 degrees when we woke up today so I thought we could spend the morning outside.
Fishing?....
Ella was all over it...Owen ...not so much.
8o/
Oh well... I am not going to force him.
Ella and I geared up with all the important stuff...
IE:
Juice Boxes
Nutrigrain bars
Blanket
Favourite Webkin
Fishing rod and Berklee Power grub.(pink crayfish)


We got about 60 for the morning and she never got sick of it.

Ella Float fishing all by herself from Gene Norland on Vimeo.
Whats more she insisted towards the end of "doing it all by herself"
Proud day for dad.


Days like this are good for the soul.
Bluegill are a sure sign of spring right up there with Tulips and Robins and they are a great way to spend a day with the kids.

9 comments:

Harv said...

Ah dude, she is adorable!! Good on ya for getting her out fishing.

I really need to get my girls out more this year - they both enjoy it so it is just a matter of making the time.

What do you say we try and pick a day mid week after Openers and fish locally for some droppies????

Trotsky said...

Absolutely...
I am off the Tuesday after opening day and I plan on fishing. I will be on the/a river May 5th as well.
You are welcome to join on either day.
Later..
Actually got a little sunburnt today!!!
:oO

Trotsky said...

BTW..
I may fish under the bridge this Monday am
..if you are off slip in to town

JDA said...

Looks like a nice day out with the kids, well done.

I really like the title of the passage, due to the fact that it definitely has another meaning with respect to the Saugeen. Two well known drift boat operators within Ontario frequently "guide" their clients over redds in the lower river. That would be "Ghillies on the Redds"...LOL.

Trotsky said...

Thx Joe.
Too bad about the Geen.
No hope for some people.
I love Bluegill...and for the record feel a little guilty about fishing for them this time of year but considering the crazy numbers present I am pretty sure it is no harm no foul.
Later

lambton said...

Dude,

I know that spot... Hopefully you guys helped yourselves and used the gate.
There is a tonne of fish in those ponds.
Glad you made it out.

Hey...we should hit Lambton Road 26with the girls before they completely fill it in.

Trotsky said...

Anytime...
Welcome home bitch

T. Brook Smith said...

Glad to see youre upgrading the quality of your fishing partners, Gene.

Fishig with the kids is the best there is.

Oh, and just to be sure I don't seem too nice and to re-establish my credentials as a Philistene, that's a pumpkinseed sunfish, not a bluegill sunfish.

Trotsky said...

I know that is pumpkinseed you knucklehead...
Pumpkinseeds are the second prettiest fish that swims IMHO and I love them.
Although we may have to change the name to "pumpkin fish" as that is what Ella calls them.
Yesterday she caught a Carp that almost pulled her in pond. She was so excited that she talked about it all the way home.
We released it very carefully in your honour...
;o)
She asks me everynight before bed if I will take her Steelhead fishing one day...
Oh Boy..
:o)