About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Chow Down Cock-a-Roach ...



Well Morin and I went fishing today even though it was 'Snowmaggedon' outside...

There must be something wrong with our heads but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I was 0 for 3 which stings for certain.
It would've been cool to get a hero shot of me with a fish in that shit but it wasn't meant to be.
I am sure we could've flogged the water until I redeemed myself but I am also sure that if we'd stuck around I wouldn't be typing this from the comfort of my cosy warm home tonight and I would be holed up somewhere along the Huron shore waiting out the storm that eventually shut down all the roads and dreading the welcome my Wife would give me when I finally arrived home.
Instead we cut it short and rushed home to driveway shovelling and snowball fights...


..And relieved spouses.


I hope I get out a few more times before she closes but it is becoming crunch time...and I am wondering if I am up for it anymore.


I got some good shots of Morin fighting fish in the blizzard and we both got a great look at the Bald Eagle that calls the river home now.


That is worth the price of admission right there in my book......and caution to the wind is part of this sport....even with the full knowledge that it will catch up to me some day.

9 comments:

Greg said...

I would of taken 12" of snow instead of sleet and freezing rain. Now all of the rivers are blown out and I might have to swallow my pride and go ditch fishing tomorrow.......

We Canucks are hardcore

Trotsky said...

Definately Greg!
As crazy as it sounds I love fishing this time of year. The fish are usually numb and they go through those mad little spells of lock jaw but they are really pretty all coloured up.... Right up there with the October dimes in my book.
I would've stayed all day if it weren't for the impending road closures. We could tell by the sky that 'The Man' would be putting up the roadblocks shortly and our wives would've gone sour on that score for sure.
Don't get Morin started on the road closures. He figures it should user beware regradless of anything short of a hurricane or tsunami...
Actually a tsunami would bring in a helluva lota fish come to think of it!!!!
;o)

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy cock-a-roaches. One up on me. I have almost figured out how to read water but not the sky.

lambton said...

Nice! You know Ella's little smile pretty much sums up why we had to get out butts out of there!
It was a one of those outings dude! One that will never be forgotten. I'm glad you seen that Eagle. I think he was telling us something. ;0)

Trotsky said...

Yeah ..that was a great day.
It would've been nicer if I'd landed something other than that wee little skipper but I have had my moments.
I would love to know if that was a smolt or if it was a first year fish that had run up with the big fellas.
Not sure if I will get out again looking at the weather now but at the very least we should grab a beer somewhere.
You are a Chow-Down douche bag

lambton said...

I think we should gab a beer somewhere like my house. I think we should grab many beers and some nachos. We'll chow down on those mf'ers while the kids play the Wii. ;0)

Trotsky said...

I won't see my kids for a while...
The center of disease control is doing a study on them...
They have never seen anything like them..
Even the Military has shown interest in order to develop some type of biological weaponry for which there is no cure...
FUCK
Ho HO ...fuckin ho

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

There is a great little spot NE of Bright's Grove, it was great for Beer and Nachos. When I lived in Sarnia back in 2000, we would sit out there on summer nights, It overlooked Huron and was mint. Would be especially cool to see the bay beginning to freeze.


Peace,

JDA

Trotsky said...

Skeeters...
Skeeter Barlows...
mmmmmmmm
The greatest wings in town...which isn't saying much...but they are outstanding.
It is also close enough for me to stumble home from.
;o)