About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Otitis Media..


...My old friend.

Well last night the rod is tied and all the gear is loaded in the car. Permission to fly has been procured from the Warden and the water graph looks good.

A few minutes of Monday Night Football...which was one helluva game ..then off to bed to fortify myself for the next days riparian adventure.

Hit the Brakes
Both girls are sick...

Poor little Avery woke up with what is obviously an ear infection...nobody got any sleep.My Wife god bless her insisted that she could manage and told me to go anyway....Then Ella woke up with a fever...?Time to pull the plug....sorry Brian...I am Daddy first.Regardless what my Wife suggests...fishing is no fun when you are worrying about the kids.

Especially Ella...That kid is never sick.

Oh well the Steelies will catch a break from me today...with all this rain the river should blow apart ...I hope Morin doesn't get stuck on the far side....actually I hope he does...lol
Avery is very tough ...it appears she takes after her mother. I hope we can get this medicine into her...

Ella...well...as you can see ...she is very lethargic this morning.



BTW.. yesterday I made it official. I return to work on Feb 5th...
:o/

3 comments:

lambton said...

Sorry to hear about the kids. I see Ella has bounced back just fine. I wish I had a fraction of her energy.
You didn't miss much out there aside from a gorgeous river and a lack of shitrats. I suspect she will be a write off for about a month after all the white craps melts and the added 20mm of rain.
Just what we needed a high blown river :0(
HO HO HOMO

The Mad Fishicist said...

Oh Man! Ear infections. Hope they get over it soon and you can get some fishing in. Our steelhead are trickling in now. Hooked and lost two Sunday. Not bad for a deer hunt.

Good luck with your kids.

Trotsky said...

Oh you guys well know...kids are really tough and these illnesses that I whine about on here are all part of the package and I love these kids.
My wife handles this stuff way better than me. It really stresses me out. Avery seems to be taking her medicine well and last night Ella only woke up once...but I am keeping an on Owen.If he doesn't pick this up it will be some kind of Christmas miracle. That kid is a bug magnet.
Thanks for stopping by MFist. I check with you now and then as you know. Your pictures fuel my imagination. It must be quite a thing raising a family in such a special environment. OUr Steelhead seson has been one of frustration with a few stellar days mixed in here and there. It seems very funny to me that you guys are getting into fish way up there and here we are shut down by the weather. Thats the Great Lakes for you...beautiful in there own right but maddening.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
As for you Morin....options?...'kowalski , I need options!'
lol