About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Flotsam and Jetsam



So here is my poor old fishy....dislocated and abused...hanging haphazard over my spawn tying desk in the furnace room.
For shame...
This mount didn't come with a back piece which at the time didn't bother me. I originally had the big fella on the pine walls of my basement and that seemed to look just fine.
Now with the new basement I need something. I would love to go with something black-ish?
Wood painted would probably be the easiest but there is a granite remnant place in The States that has fueled my imagination a bit.
I certainly have no time for it now as the real fish have priority and we are rounding the corner on Ho Ho...
Sounds like a New Years project.
Til then he'll just have to stay where he is. It isn't really that bad of a spot anyway. Less tempting for the kids. Owen had Obi Wan Kenobi in the fishes mouth the one day..LOL....
I didn't even have the heart to get mad at him,... I mean he is seven...how could anyone resist?
:O)
The cell phone is history and the camera...although working....is showing signs.

I am hoping that I have enough dough left over for a possible Boxing day upgrade.
It will have to be just a Point and Shoot dummy job and the two cameras that I have been looking at are the ,

Canon a1000
or the
Canon a590

I don't know squat about cameras and just about anything that you review on the net will have something bad attached to it.
I was at my Daughters Christmas concert yesterday and had a chance to use my wifes Canon S5 IS.
Aside from the 12x zoom I really wasn't that impressed.
I mean the photos were good but they weren't good enough to justify the bulkiness on a fishing trip and besides... I am going to destroy anything that I buy within a matter of months.
FACT.
Some of the reviews mentioned 'Noise' from too many Megapixels on a small camera. I have no idea what that means but if I upgrade to a 10 MP camera and have crappy pics I am going to be really bummed.
Oh well.
I have been pretty lucky so far and the Canons are tougher than Whale shit. For the price anymore there isn't that much of a risk anyway.
I was thinking the other day that since the advent of Digi Cameras our household has gone through at least 5 different models.
The population of Sarnia is right around 75,000 (I think)...
Lets say 10,000 households....
Even if we are above average,...and I don't think that we are...that is right around 40-50,000 cameras in a land fill somewhere.
Can that be right?
Now I am not exactly Green Gene ,..but it does get you thinkin...

4 comments:

lambton said...

You know what I'm thinking?
I'm thinkin:
1. you need to fish bad
2. you need a job
3. You are a HOMO POS

Do they make a camera that can be submerged in near freezing water and then thrown around the car like a spent Tim Horton's cup?

Trotsky said...

Don't you think one of tose granite slabs would look sweet behind that Mount?
What camera do you have ?

lambton said...

The granite option sound nice but I think it would be very heavy.
As for the camera...I'd go with the A590...very similar to my A720IS and its on sale in tonight fliers for something like $110 bones. Seriously...that is an insane bargain!

Trotsky said...

Yeah.. I saw that too!!
Even the a1000 is on for right around a buck fifty.
If we get snowed out tomorrow I will be an xmaS BUMMER