About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, December 05, 2008

A Face Only A Mother Could Love..

I suppose I could be talking about Morin....
Greg got me thinking about some of the uglier fish that I have caught over the years so I thought that I could dedicate a post to those unfortunate little fishys that are breathtaking in a whole nother direction..
8O/

Here is a Brown Trout from NY that stopped growing!!
Nice colour but WTF?
lol
If my memory serves me right (and it seldom does...I mean lets face it I am a fisherman)..Morin caught one that was picture perfect just before this abomination hit the beach.
That is just about Par for the course..

Here is a great example of the kind of sport created by our local hatchery.
I picked this thing off at the Outflows a few winters back.
At the time I was so stir crazy that anything with fins was beautiful to me...and that is how it should be really.
It is like setting up on a wet blanket most of the time with these beauties.
If you can pick up a pellet head that has been swimming all summer in the pond outside the hacthery before it dies of starvation out in the Lake ,you have a legit chance at a 20+lb fish...if you can call it that.
The club keeps them around for PR sake and the soccer moms will lob pellets in to them all summer long only to have them released to 'wild' in the fall....lol

This fish was caught few years back when the river saw a weird run of hatchery uglies... I don't know what was up with the gills.
I do remember distinctly releasing this fish only to catch the same fish again on the next drift...not too bright

I have no idea what this thing is....and the fish is kind of ugly too.
Gotta love cape Croker..
Oy..

Thought this post would be a good idea to bring some levity to what has been at times a rather frustrating season....might be cool to follow up with a post of dimes
...but for that I would probably have to borrow some of Brians photos.

3 comments:

lambton said...

LOL!!! You pathetic POS...
Too funny. Awesome Post!!!
I remember that Brown very well. I actually felt bad for you because you wanted to hit a brownie so bad that trip and when you did it was that the Wee-Man of the NY Brown population. Serves you right for hitting that Monster Steelie the day prior!!! OMG we thought the Oak was the shit didn't we?
After reading about the brown I immediatley thought of that huge croker. I'm glad you included it in this post. If my memory serves me correctly and it seldom does either you had to bail early that day. (Useless!)Well I went on to catch that same fish an hour or so after you left on a pinkie. No wonder those friggin things grow so huge...they have a one track mind. EAT!!!
What's with that young POS hold those fish in the pics...who is that dude? Some rube from a by gone era I guess. ;0) I hope he is dead...I hate that guy!
Good post! Very refreshing change.

Trotsky said...

You have to admit...my link outs have been blowing yours out of the water lately...!!!
My personal favoutie was the gay tiny penis support group...
Gottta love the internet freak show...
I still dig they 'see me rollin'....booyaa beyawch

lambton said...

Ohhhhhh boy! You have seen nothing yet! ;0)
I look forward to these posts for nothing more than the Norland hot linking opportunities. My photobucket account is loaded with classics and some soon to be classics. Funny how all this shit has so many levels to it.
LOL!!!!!!!! ;0)
Game on bitch!