About Me

My photo
I am just a guy who uses fishing and playing guitar to keep myself sane...or at least try to.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I Was Overdue Really


...Today I ignored Morins advice and tried to cross a river that was really truckin at a spot that was less then friendly.
I almost made it.

Almost.
I used to go in on a regular basis when I used to fish Sauble Falls...but I was younger then
The digital sign we passed on the way home had the temp at a balmy -8...without the windchill and that water was cold.

Three quarters of the way across and up go the feet and I am swimmin. It was a pretty wild feeling with that cold water coming in over the top of the waders....
Not funny really... I should be more careful...
...and I should put the camera and the cell phone in Ziplock bags..
DOH!


As you can see from the pics ...my camera made it....but the cell phone is still DOA. I was secretly hoping that this little mishap would've forced me to get a new camera...and I know Morin was too.

Aside from that madness we did pretty good. One of the fish we got today had been attacked by an eagle or something. We took the photo from her good side as the other side was pretty gruesome. I don't like her chances but who knows...these fish are remarkable.




We fished some new water today and when you do that you always waste a little time searching but this is something we should do more often. I will be in no hurry to rush back to this little section but it is always nice to have spots like this in the back pocket when things get a little stale.
I wasn't sure if I would even be going today until the last minute. The baby is better but poor Ella is still running a fever. She does seem to have more energy though and her spirits are up.

Hopefully she'll get another good nights sleep and we'll see some improvement tomorrow.
Morin managed to land a stellar fish today that just put the boots to him!!

It was an epic struggle between man and fish and for once he didn't lose the friggin thing...LOL.
I am sad for him.
Watching that POS negotiate log piles ..cracking ice...overhanging limbs and submerged timber was absolutely priceless......
Must be hard hiking with that horseshoe up his ass.
Anyway...surprisingly enough today took a lot out of me ....so I will cut this one kinda short....
and maybe one more tea before bed..
Brrrrrrrr.



(laugh it up Wallace)

6 comments:

lambton said...

Nice...
I guess you were really due with that "I'll do it...I don't give a F*ck" mentality... LOL! I'm just glad it worked out as it did.
Myself...I am so overdue it actually has scared me sensible.
Glad the camera survived. Cannon eh! Bulletproof and Norland Proof.
Nice photo's BTW! Very nice. I like the shot of me holding your raptor fish. You can see the start of the talon cuts under her chin. That fish will be fine. She shure was pretty.
Great day! Lot's of laughs and some great memories.

Trotsky said...

Yeah ..those Canon power shots are right up there with Islander reels...indestructable.
I still may grab a new one on Boxing day...
4 MP is a bit Ghetto these days.

lambton said...

Ya but Ghetto is the way you roll brother. That and the fact that your always ridin dirty!
LOL!

How'd Kim take the cel phone news? LOL!!!

Trotsky said...

Not too good..lol
At first she said that I can never go fishing again...
But now she has settled inot .."you can fish...but give the electronics to Brian to hold"
Nice
Apparently you are the sensible one...?

Wallacio said...

Welcome, fellow brother of the "Aquaman Society"!!! I've only gone in once this season - must be getting old.

Despite being in the neighbourhood this weekend, I elected to do the responsible thing and stayed in with the family...I'd like to think that it earned me brownie points but I'm not that naive...

Trotsky said...

It is a fine line to walk this time of year...good for you for being the good guy.
I did my part today....and I am hoping for later in the week....
The clock is ticking.